Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit League Transfer Portal

Default Re: Summit League Transfer Portal

so this is basically quickly becoming minor league bb. is anyone excited about that? meh from my side. FM Bees.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    so this is basically quickly becoming minor league bb. is anyone excited about that? meh from my side. FM Bees.
    We are not losing anyone that played a significant role so whatever
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Wow, just wow

North Dakota Men's Basketball
    @UNDmbasketball

NEWS: Upon his graduation this summer, Filip Rebraca will enter the transfer portal as a graduate transfer.
    College basketball will need some recovery time from the roster chaos
    post covid post one time transfer
    (Neither of which apply to Rebraca)

Filip Rebraca
    @FRebraca
    Replying to
    @UNDhoops

I don’t tweet a lot but I think this is needed. I’d like to end any rumours or ideas that there is a locker room issue. Coach Sather is one of the best coaches that I have played for, if not the best. We all got along as teammates, it just happened to be this way.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/FRebraca/...26082270535687
    Last edited by bruinbison; 03-25-2021 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Wow, just wow

College basketball will need some recovery time from the roster chaos
    post covid post one time transfer
    (Neither of which apply to Rebraca)

https://mobile.twitter.com/FRebraca/...26082270535687
    Kind of unfortunate what's happening to Rebraca. He's an international student and the master's program he planned to take at UND is going online-only this fall. Current US student visa rules require students to take at least some in-person classes. As a result, he either has to change his master's program to stay at UND or transfer to a different school to get the degree he wants.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Players at all levels are doing this so it's not like the low major kids will be moving up. IU has had 5 players enter so far likely due to coaching change.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Kind of unfortunate what's happening to Rebraca. He's an international student and the master's program he planned to take at UND is going online-only this fall. Current US student visa rules require students to take at least some in-person classes. As a result, he either has to change his master's program to stay at UND or transfer to a different school to get the degree he wants.
    Wow, a student-athlete using the grad transfer rule for the purpose it was designed for... that's a rarity these days.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Players at all levels are doing this so it's not like the low major kids will be moving up. IU has had 5 players enter so far likely due to coaching change.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I know. But that wasn't my point...my point was it's basically free agency and since it's not the NBA, it's minor league. To me, part of the appeal is watching actual college kids who go to school grow up as individuals and as a team. A transfer here or there was one thing, but it's become crazy. It's just not appealing to me. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    We are not losing anyone that played a significant role so whatever
    You're assuming I was just talking about NDSU, I wasn't. Also, it's just a matter of time when they do lose someone in a significant role.

I know. But that wasn't my point...my point was it's basically free agency and since it's not the NBA, it's minor league. To me, part of the appeal is watching actual college kids who go to school grow up as individuals and as a team. A transfer here or there was one thing, but it's become crazy. It's just not appealing to me. Just my opinion.
    Yep. All of us saying this would be bad for college athletics are being proven right. I really feel for the kids who are effing up their academic careers to pursue more playing time for a sport they’ll play for one more season. I sincerely hope they don’t regret it and that the NCAA figures this out quickly

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Yep. All of us saying this would be bad for college athletics are being proven right. I really feel for the kids who are effing up their academic careers to pursue more playing time for a sport they’ll play for one more season. I sincerely hope they don’t regret it and that the NCAA figures this out quickly
    They are not all going to the NBA??? Just ask them... lol
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.