Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NDSU Pro Day

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default NDSU Pro Day

The rumor is that the NFL is cancelling Pro Days. Obviously this will have little impact on a guy like Tuszka, but this really hurts guys like Bridges, Johnson, and Ellefson that are trying for free agent contracts. Does pro day really involve that much mass close contact?

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU Pro Day

I think as long as everyone's on the same footing, i.e. all pro days are cancelled, it shouldn't hurt too bad. If you're worth a look, they will look.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    The rumor is that the NFL is cancelling Pro Days. Obviously this will have little impact on a guy like Tuszka, but this really hurts guys like Bridges, Johnson, and Ellefson that are trying for free agent contracts. Does pro day really involve that much mass close contact?
    It's probably not the event itself. It's people traveling to get to them, touching doors and faucets, etc. And are they really necessary. You can say the same thing about restaurants and retail places, but you could argue they are more necessary than sporting events and especially something like Pro Days in the current context.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    It's probably not the event itself. It's people traveling to get to them, touching doors and faucets, etc. And are they really necessary. You can say the same thing about restaurants and retail places, but you could argue they are more necessary than sporting events and especially something like Pro Days in the current context.
    Yep. A lot of people don't seem to be taking C 19 very seriously. Now maybe it's as bad as the fearmongers say, and maybe it's as harmless as the deniers say. I don't know. But it's well worth taking the precaution.

Virtual Pro day, Set up the cameras, send out VR headsets to each team and change the status quo of Pro Days. Lead or get the hell out of our way we are NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Virtual Pro day, Set up the cameras, send out VR headsets to each team and change the status quo of Pro Days. Lead or get the hell out of our way we are NDSU
    That's how you do it!!

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Yep. A lot of people don't seem to be taking C 19 very seriously. Now maybe it's as bad as the fearmongers say, and maybe it's as harmless as the deniers say. I don't know. But it's well worth taking the precaution.
    It is definitely serious, which is why the mass events, such as concerts, etc should be cancelled. I just thought pro days could be limited in such a way that they wouldn’t really pose much of a threat. People are still going into work, etc. We certainly need to exercise caution and I would argue that there is no need for unnecessary media folks, but a small group of scouts seems plausible. I don’t really know the full extent of Pro Days (avg personnel attendance), so that is why I was asking the question.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    It is definitely serious, which is why the mass events, such as concerts, etc should be cancelled. I just thought pro days could be limited in such a way that they wouldn’t really pose much of a threat. People are still going into work, etc. We certainly need to exercise caution and I would argue that there is no need for unnecessary media folks, but a small group of scouts seems plausible. I don’t really know the full extent of Pro Days (avg personnel attendance), so that is why I was asking the question.
    If we look at it on a macro scale, it's not about containing the disease. That particular Pandora's Box has been opened. Now it's about slowing its spread, so that new cases occur over a longer period of time, so that the medical system doesn't get swamped. Think of it as flattening out the curve, rather than shrinking it, on a time vs cases graph.

In order to do that, we need to minimize travel, especially long distance travel.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    If we look at it on a macro scale, it's not about containing the disease. That particular Pandora's Box has been opened. Now it's about slowing its spread, so that new cases occur over a longer period of time, so that the medical system doesn't get swamped. Think of it as flattening out the curve, rather than shrinking it, on a time vs cases graph.

In order to do that, we need to minimize travel, especially long distance travel.
    Well, we need to actually just minimize contact with the infected. I am very familiar with flattening the curve and understand the measures just fine. Again, I am asking about the attendance size of the event. Does anyone know this information?

So, anybody in the know? Pro Day this Thursday?