Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Tournament 2020

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NCAA Tournament 2020

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Saw this coming
    Wow, this changes things...no fans...will be like a practice. Could cause some upsets for sure.

Ivy League just cancelled all spring sports. And it's up to schools if they want to send individuals and teams to national championships. The vote of presidents was unanimous to cancel the season, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that Yale could decline their NCAA bid. (though I'd be surprised if they did) It will be interesting to see how many Ivies choose not to send athletes to the wrestling, T&F or other nationals.

No fans will be allowed at ncaa tournament games this year. Wow!! Crazy!
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Honestly, why are people surprised at this? Seemed like a no brainer to me that this was going to happen.

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    Honestly, why are people surprised at this? Seemed like a no brainer to me that this was going to happen.
    Really? I mean...the common flu has killed 10k people already this year in the US...kills many more than that every year....I'm actually completely shocked by this

Ivy League just cancelled all spring sports. And it's up to schools if they want to send individuals and teams to national championships. The vote of presidents was unanimous to cancel the season, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that Yale could decline their NCAA bid. (though I'd be surprised if they did) It will be interesting to see how many Ivies choose not to send athletes to the wrestling, T&F or other nationals.
    No reason to not send their wrestlers since the fans are already banned.

The US Bank Stadium is going to look weird with nobody in the stands and just eight mats on the football field floor.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Wow. I'm speechless.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Wow, this changes things...no fans...will be like a practice. Could cause some upsets for sure.
    No different than some of our own road games

Jeez Ivy League canceled, now everyone is overreacting.

LikeMothers is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The final four last year had an estimate economic impact on the Twin Cities of $142 Million. A worldwide depression and a war here or there is going to kill more people than the disease.