Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Tournament 2020

Default Re: NCAA Tournament 2020

Pathetic and ridiculous. Nation of Wusses. AIDS was going to kill us all...ebola...zika...swine flu...global warming...climate change...etc. etc. Planet Wuss.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So Hoiberg is sick as a dog on the Nebraska bench last night during a game with the common flu that killed an estimated 60,000+ in 2018 in the US alone and nobody panicked. Healthy people who have contracted Covid19 are saying that it's like having a bad cold for a few days. So...either the .gov isn't telling us the whole truth about this virus or we have completely lost our collective freaking minds. I get that it's transmitted easily but lots of bugs are transmitted easily. We damn near had to shut down down the local school this year like Surrey did because something spread through the school like wild fire and piles of kids got sick.

Give an extra year to Seniors? Could they do it? Imagine another year of Shahid and Ward. haha

I can see the NCAA's point on this. At any rate, piss pounding und on national TV will have to be our championship.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    So Hoiberg is sick as a dog on the Nebraska bench last night during a game with the common flu that killed an estimated 60,000+ in 2018 in the US alone and nobody panicked. Healthy people who have contracted Covid19 are saying that it's like having a bad cold for a few days. So...either the .gov isn't telling us the whole truth about this virus or we have completely lost our collective freaking minds. I get that it's transmitted easily but lots of bugs are transmitted easily. We damn near had to shut down down the local school this year like Surrey did because something spread through the school like wild fire and piles of kids got sick.
    Ok so pretend Fred had it. He exposes his entire staff and team to a new virus all of the scientists know very little about. Then those people are in hospitals possibly infecting people with one of a zillion other diseases. If they contact covid19 and become even more sicker or make a deadlier strain of the virus, then we have a whole new problem on our hands.

It’s not the virus. It’s the newness and having it coexist with other diseases. I wouldn’t be shocked to see pop up hospitals, old retail stores etc turned into covid triage centers to keep those cases away from the general hospital public.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    It's definitely looking like the direction is going to be canceled regardless so the conversation is irrelevant either way.

The interesting thing is if this is still going on as it gets closer to football season, will NCAA sacrifice it's premier revenue generating sport and do something then? Obviously the NFL isn't.
    Except the NCAA makes no money from football. Their highest championship is FCS and it along with D2 and D3 lose money. They are underwritten by the basketball money. I would expect the schools will still fund football in the Fall, but depending on how big of a hit the NCAA takes (and how big is their reserve), the FCS/D2/D3 playoffs could be in jeopardy. The CFP is a separate entity and likely not impacted by the NCAA winter and spring cancellations. The schools and conferences that get a cut from the NCAA tournament money though will be impacted.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    It's just like a bad cold. Nothing to see here! Everything is OK!

Satellite images show Iran has built mass graves amid coronavirus outbreak

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Ok so pretend Fred had it. He exposes his entire staff and team to a new virus all of the scientists know very little about. Then those people are in hospitals possibly infecting people with one of a zillion other diseases. If they contact covid19 and become even more sicker or make a deadlier strain of the virus, then we have a whole new problem on our hands.

It’s not the virus. It’s the newness and having it coexist with other diseases. I wouldn’t be shocked to see pop up hospitals, old retail stores etc turned into covid triage centers to keep those cases away from the general hospital public.
    Already happening in Washington.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    It's just like a bad cold. Nothing to see here! Everything is OK!

Satellite images show Iran has built mass graves amid coronavirus outbreak
    Should fix social security for the next 10 to 20 years anyways.

Lardsin must go!

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Is it even surprising? The media gets off on stirring up panic and they are pretty much incapable of covering more than one story at a time.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    These cancellations are relying on advice from infectious disease and other medical experts. The groups cancelling events stand to lose a lot of money so they aren't making these decisions lightly. I doubt the media has much influence on that.