Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Tournament 2020

Default Re: NCAA Tournament 2020

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    I plan on wiping with my socks. If they wanted mass panic they created it last night. Got me good anyways. My youngest has respiratory issues. Worried sick about it. Sorry that makes me an idiot.
    I'm with you Scottie, my parents and in-laws both have major issues fighting off even the common cold (their cough hangs around for months, literally) and I have mild asthma (really mild, don't even carry a rescue inhaler). I haven't really changed my daily habits too drastically, but odds are I won't be visiting my parents/in-laws much during this to keep potential for exposure to a minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Nobody is making any necessary physical goods at an entertainment venue.
    Hotdogs and nachos are necessary...…..
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Now people like Jay Bilas, Jay Williams, Barkley calling for it to be canceled. Pressure gotta be high.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    You don't need big arenas. High school or middle school gymnasiums could host the games if there are only a few family members in the stands
    There could be some really cool alternatives for venues because of this. One of the regional tournaments is scheduled for Indy. Obviously 70k seat Lucas Oil Stadium would be ridiculous. One option could be the Knightstown gym where most of the scenes in Hoosiers was filmed. They still use it for high school games and tournaments. Or go to Hinkle Fieldhouse at Butler where the finals were filmed in the movie. It's also where the actual game took place that the movie was based (1954 Milan).

hoosier-gym.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    This is why you should’ve been stockpiling these last few weeks. Knowing you and your history, You should be the one of the last ones mocking “unnecessary panic” and blowing this off.
    WTF are you talking about?

I'd highly doubt they'd cancel the tournament. Postponement seems almost inevitable at this point though. With the NBA moving everything back indefinitely I'd guess that college basketball could do the same thing and be just fine. I can only imagine how much money they'd miss out on from the Turner/CBS TV contract to not play the games at all.

Get ready for "May Madness"!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'd highly doubt they'd cancel the tournament. Postponement seems almost inevitable at this point though. With the NBA moving everything back indefinitely I'd guess that college basketball could do the same thing and be just fine. I can only imagine how much money they'd miss out on from the Turner/CBS TV contract to not play the games at all.

Get ready for "May Madness"!
    Maybe it is an unusual pessimism on my part, but I have the feeling this is going to go on for quite some time.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Laying the wood. Love it!!!!

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    WTF are you talking about?
    Didn’t you have a heart attack in the last 10 years? Yea I think that qualifies as a health risk. I shouldn’t have to explain this to you, but you clearly aren’t getting it.