Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Tournament 2020

Default Re: NCAA Tournament 2020

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Should fix social security for the next 10 to 20 years anyways.
    Hail the BISON!!!

You guys need to look at the bright side. I'm even thinking of joining the damn Optimists Club.

What is the bright side, you may ask. If all spring sports are cancelled, who finishes in a tie for first?

https://www.capitalonecup.com
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    You guys need to look at the bright side. I'm even thinking of joining the damn Optimists Club.

What is the bright side, you may ask. If all spring sports are cancelled, who finishes in a tie for first?

https://www.capitalonecup.com
    I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Heck we will probably never finish the basketball season ever again with a WIN while being eligible to compete in the conference postseason tournament.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Heck we will probably never finish the basketball season ever again with a WIN while being eligible to compete in the conference postseason tournament.
    And it was a fhawker beat down.

Lardsin must go!

They've blown this whole damn virus thing way out of proportion IMO. This thing isn't any deadlier then other strains of the flu. The fact is no one knows truly how many cases there are, they only know the deaths from it so the death percentage is skewed higher. I think these organizations should have continued playing the games and tournaments and simply restricted attendance. Lots of chaos and economic strife for no reason. Really wish the WHO and CDC would have calmed the mass hysteria instead of fanning it.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    They've blown this whole damn virus thing way out of proportion IMO. This thing isn't any deadlier then other strains of the flu. The fact is no one knows truly how many cases there are, they only know the deaths from it so the death percentage is skewed higher. I think these organizations should have continued playing the games and tournaments and simply restricted attendance. Lots of chaos and economic strife for no reason. Really wish the WHO and CDC would have calmed the mass hysteria instead of fanning it.
    Do you think it's possible the WHO and CDC are very knowledgeable about these things and what they could do? I'm believing them a lot more than politicians or media talking heads. The organizations that are cancelling events are taking huge financial hits. They aren't making those decisions on whims. I would agree some individuals are overreacting, but we still don't know how this will all play out.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

If they wanted to postpone it fine, I still think pulling the plug on everything was dumb. The refrain is "we don't know how long this will go on" to which I'd say "we don't know how soon it'll get under control either". What happens if by early April the new cases in the country have slowed to a crawl? Would it have been so bad to have waited, investigated other possibilities like playing in smaller venues with limited or no crowds in the meantime, and if this thing is still raging in 4-6 weeks pull the plug then?

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Do you think it's possible the WHO and CDC are very knowledgeable about these things and what they could do? I'm believing them a lot more than politicians or media talking heads. The organizations that are cancelling events are taking huge financial hits. They aren't making those decisions on whims. I would agree some individuals are overreacting, but we still don't know how this will all play out.

Precisely why the NBA's decision to suspend play indefinitely was a much better move than the NCAA's decision to completely cancel championships scheduled anywhere from 3 days to 3 months from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    It's not the virus itself they're afraid of, it's the lack of medical infrastructure the United States has indealing with this. You're saying it's nothing deadlier than the flu, almost 60% of the country gets their flu vaccine every year, nobody is vaccinated to the coronavirus. People that get the flu, many of then still endup in the hospital.

Its crazy how many ignorant people are the lowest common denominators in these situations.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post

Sure they are but they can still get their points across without the sensationalism. The only people dying either are old, have underlying health conditions or haven't received medical attention soon enough. There's no reason to panic, we've been down this road with every disease. They'll eventually have a vaccination for it and the sky is falling folks will all run to get there damn corona shot. People's immune systems are weak now days because everyone's too damn clean, eat more dirt and stop worrying about it!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    It's not the virus itself they're afraid of, it's the lack of medical infrastructure the United States has indealing with this. You're saying it's nothing deadlier than the flu, almost 60% of the country gets their flu vaccine every year, nobody is vaccinated to the coronavirus. People that get the flu, many of then still endup in the hospital.

Its crazy how many ignorant people are the lowest common denominators in these situations.
    There's no lack of medical infrastructure in the US for dealing with it FFS. I haven't had a FLU shot in 25 years and no one I know has either. Too many of you hypochondriacs run to the doctor because you got the sniffles now days. Again the only people dying from this are elderly, have underlying medical conditions or didn't get treatment.