Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Tournament 2020

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Default Re: NCAA Tournament 2020

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Pretty sure Jesus is Amish.
    Haven't closed teh church of hockey yet.

Lardsin must go!

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This seems to be a bit of an over reaction. Why not just ask those with compromised immune systems and the elderly to stay at home?

If NDSU were to somehow make the Final Four and I cannot attend, I will purposely contract the Coronavirus and run around coughing, spitting, and pissing on people in a rage until I die
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    This seems to be a bit of an over reaction. Why not just ask those with compromised immune systems and the elderly to stay at home?
    I got to hear from Dr Paul Mariani today (specializes in infectious diseases in MN/ND) and part of the concern is that people typically aren't showing any symptoms for ~5 days. He mentioned there was a study in a med journal (I think it was the New England medical journal) that showed even when people aren't showing symptoms, they're contagious.

In theory, you could feel great but be contagious, visit Grandma/grandpa, transmit it to them, and then they aren't able to overcome it.

Even with that said, I would much rather have fans present. Even delay it a bit if you have to.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    The CDC has already asked the elderly or infirm to stay home. That happened 6 days ago. How’s it working so far?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

I have a feeling this is going to go on for more than a bit.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    I got to hear from Dr Paul Mariani today (specializes in infectious diseases in MN/ND) and part of the concern is that people typically aren't showing any symptoms for ~5 days. He mentioned there was a study in a med journal (I think it was the New England medical journal) that showed even when people aren't showing symptoms, they're contagious.

In theory, you could feel great but be contagious, visit Grandma/grandpa, transmit it to them, and then they aren't able to overcome it.

Even with that said, I would much rather have fans present. Even delay it a bit if you have to.
    Its a TV show. A very popular tv show. Which is actually helpful at this point.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

One thing I'm sure the NCAA is also taking into account is what if a player starts showing symptoms? The entire team must self-quarantine or the entire team they just played must self-quarantine since they all had direct contact with a confirmed case? How do you proceed with the tourney in that case?

Colgate playing in their conference final right now. Bison fans, we want Boston to win if we want to move up a seed line
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Colgate up 38 37 15 min left
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?