Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Tournament 2020

Default Re: NCAA Tournament 2020

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    Will be interesting to see the reaction if they cancel the entiretournament, which is still on the table.
    I can see it now ... popular vote inacted > bisonville > bots > NDSU National Champions!!!

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    The economy has already been in a tailspin, and this will certainly make it worse. Major recession probably on the way and if not handled right, it could turn into a Herbert Hoover type depression. (you all remember Hoover don't you?)
    Unlike other recessions though I would expect this one to respond fairly quickly. There may be business casualties in the process, but I'll be curious to see the long term impacts.

One thing I'm curious to see with the tournament sites is if they remain in the large stadiums. If only 1000 people are going to be at the Indy regional will they still go to Lucas Oil Stadium? Or do they go to a small college stadium? Or the Fairgrounds Coliseum (site of the Horizon tournament and IUPUI's home court). The Final Four was supposed to be in Atlanta, and I know they are considering other venues. The short term financial impact to the host cities will be significant though.

March Madness without the madness of the crowds? I'd have to think that hurts lower seed teams.

With that being said I'm looking forward to watching the Bison shock the sports world again!
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Could be great for NDSU. Players are already accustomed to playing in empty arenas...
    i knew dave scheduled mayville state and northland college for a reason !!!

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I feel sick (no pun intended) for the kids who will be playing in their only NCAA tourney ever this year...what a bummer. Work your whole life to make it and enjoy the atmosphere of the NCAA tourney, and now you play in front of 200 people....gross

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I feel sick (no pun intended) for the kids who will be playing in their only NCAA tourney ever this year...what a bummer. Work your whole life to make it and enjoy the atmosphere of the NCAA tourney, and now you play in front of 200 people....gross
    At least they get the big TV audience, but this sucks so bad.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    March Madness without the madness of the crowds? I'd have to think that hurts lower seed teams.

With that being said I'm looking forward to watching the Bison shock the sports world again!
    What crowd madness? They’re all neutral site games and many of the first two round sessions already have tons of empty seats.

This should have been an easy call. Just wait until churches start closing.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Just wait until churches start closing.
    How will the virus ever disappear then if no one prays it away?

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    How will the virus ever disappear then if no one prays it away?
    They have church on TV.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    They have church on TV.
    Pretty sure Jesus is Amish.