Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Tournament 2020

Default Re: NCAA Tournament 2020

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    These cancellations are relying on advice from infectious disease and other medical experts. The groups cancelling events stand to lose a lot of money so they aren't making these decisions lightly. I doubt the media has much influence on that.
    Plus potential lawsuits if they go through with it and players get affected. Not worth the mess.

I don't really care about the media, I just need to look at Italy. If that happened here it would be devastating, we are talking about a scenario where doctors are pretty much deciding who lives and dies because they don't have enough resources for everyone. A place where medical professionals are getting sick and dying. Italy isn't some third world slum either.

We don't need to be in a panic but it might truly be best to hit the pause button on things for a bit to avoid something that is unimaginable.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

These cancellations are relying on advice from infectious disease and other medical experts. The groups cancelling events stand to lose a lot of money so they aren't making these decisions lightly. I doubt the media has much influence on that.
    When you’re a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Absolutely correct.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Can't believe some tech nerd gamer hasn't suggested a video game tournament

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The common flu has a 0.10% mortality rate. This has a 3.5% mortality rate. There is a very large difference between the two. We, as a country were never affected by SARS, MERS, or Ebola. The individuals in this country affected by those diseases came from other countries or were nurses who had direct contact with patients. For Covid-19, we have community contagion, meaning we do not have control over the virus right now and it is floating around unchecked in the larger community. That is a big problem for a healthcare system that already doesn’t even have enough kits to test people or enough masks to protect people in hospitals. The cancellations are disappointing, but necessary. The media is not just hype when they say that we as a country have not faced anything on this scale. This is not the time to be cavalier about things. This is a time for caution.

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Going to and watching sports is my outlet. I get this virus issue is serious. So sad for our players to have to sit now. Maybe in 2 week this ramps down and the NCAA reschedules the big dance!!
    Let's Go Bison!!!

AKBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisoneer View Post
    Going to and watching sports is my outlet. I get this virus issue is serious. So sad for our players to have to sit now. Maybe in 2 week this ramps down and the NCAA reschedules the big dance!!
    It's just to bad that we couldn't finish out the conference tournaments. At least that way, they would have had the option to play the tournament out at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by bisoneer View Post
    Not dissing you, but I personallywould not give a shit if all sports were gone. Do I love and enjoy NDSU football and other NDSU sports? Yes. Do sports define my life in any way shape or form? Nope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

having an ncaa tournament next week would've helped the morale of our country but we gotta be smart about things. Im thinking the start of next week is going to be a shutdown of the country of epic proportions, starting with k-12 schools, universities, with the only businesses open being grocery stores, pharmacies and hospitals.

The city of Dallas 40 min ago announced a community spread. Frisco has 3 cases or so i believe.