Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm To BaCk To BaCk DaNcEs?

Default Re: hAs rIcHmAn RuN tHiS pRoGrAm To BaCk To BaCk DaNcEs?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Give the man his 3 year extension (which would put him under contract for the next 6). He's earned it. He's definitely a flawed coach but he's delivered a pretty good return on investment in his time here.
    He already got his extension last year. I'll give him credit, the expectations were high this season and they ultimately got it done. Although I would have preferred a few more wins, especially in the non-con to get a higher seed and legit chance for an NCAA win but I'm happy making the dance again. I don't think the SL was very good this season. We'll see how he does next year without Shahid and Ward. He still frustrates me during games but you can't argue with the results I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    He already got his extension last year. I'll give him credit, the expectations were high this season and they ultimately got it done. Although I would have preferred a few more wins, especially in the non-con to get a higher seed and legit chance for an NCAA win but I'm happy making the dance again. I don't think the SL was very good this season. We'll see how he does next year without Shahid and Ward. He still frustrates me during games but you can't argue with the results I guess.
    The 2 year extension he got last year was as lukewarm of an endorsement as he could've gotten given the circumstances. I saw plenty of chatter on Twitter from CBB analysts who were former coaches that were perplexed as to why the extension was so short. After back-to-back trips to the big dance he's earned the right to tell recruits next year that he'll be around for their entire 5 year career.

Besides the reality is he'll probably be plucked by a program higher up the food chain before too long and this would be a way for NDSU to up his buyout on top of it since they'd be truly making a long-term commitment to him unlike his extension last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The 2 year extension he got last year was as lukewarm of an endorsement as he could've gotten given the circumstances. I saw plenty of chatter on Twitter from CBB analysts who were former coaches that were perplexed as to why the extension was so short. After back-to-back trips to the big dance he's earned the right to tell recruits next year that he'll be around for their entire 5 year career.

Besides the reality is he'll probably be plucked by a program higher up the food chain before too long and this would be a way for NDSU to up his buyout on top of it since they'd be truly making a long-term commitment to him unlike his extension last year.
    That would be the only reason to redo it right now IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    In Bison Illustrated for Kids, one of the key values for success Ward gave was swagger.

I wonder if Dave loosened up a bit on that to keep these kind of guys around. I don't recall seeing that much of it in the past. Looks pretty stupid when you're in a dogfight with the #8 seed. Been seeing a lot more of it from the football team too. Could just be a reflection of college sports in general.
    Swagger is one thing, but swagger and getting the officials commenting to the players after they did it is might have have shut it down abit.