Thread: 2020-2021 Roster

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default 2020-2021 Roster

Here’s the Bison 2020-2021 Roster if everyone currently on it returns and with the incoming recruits we know of. I know alot can and will change between now and then and quite frankly it will need to.

125 Midkiff jr, Henningson fr and Negrete 2021
    133 Degen jr, Stuhl so, Ripplinger RsFr, March fr
    141 Hampton sr, Droegemueller so, Jones RsFr, Peterson fr,
    149 Van Maanen jr, Braun jr, M. Weber RsFr
    157 Knutson sr, Franek so, Sax fr
    165 L. Weber sr
    174 Schearer Jr, Brenner so, Noel so, Habish RsFr
    184 Cressel so, Pottinger so, Wokojance RsFr
    197 Witzig sr, Nelson RsFr
    HWT Metz jr

If this is remained the same I’d see the starting lineup looking like this

125 Midkiff I think he’d like to go up to 133 but unless they go with a Fr/transfer he has to stay here
    133 Degen wrestled 141 because of Sykora but is listed on roster at 133.
    141 Droegemueller gained a ton of experience and confidence. Ceiling is high. Returning NQ
    149 Van Maanen Needs to take A step up as a jr
    157 Franek Will be an AA before he’s done hoping next year. Returning NQ
    165 Weber Will be solid here and probably a NQ.
    174 Brenner Showed some potential this year. Room to grow like Droegemueller
    184 Cressel Lots of learning and experience gained this year. Will need to trend up to be a NQ
    197 Nelson Very solid Fr season with only loss coming to Eaton. I see great upside here
    HWT Metz Will be a jr and needs to start beating some of the guys in conf he struggles with. Returning NQ

Would be a balanced/consistent lineup without star power outside of Franek. I’m expecting there will be help coming from the transfer portal as well as a few more recruits to fill the room. Losing Gamet and Moser hurt the numbers
    Last edited by PaBizon; 03-09-2020 at 04:02 PM.
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

Default Re: 2020-2021 Roster

I was reading a while back about how some coaches are going away from public "wrestle-offs", like the green-and-gold scrimmage. The thought was that they tie the coaches hands for a while when there are upsets in these matches. You can see how that has happened to us a little bit over the years.

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by RadioBison View Post
    I was reading a while back about how some coaches are going away from public "wrestle-offs", like the green-and-gold scrimmage. The thought was that they tie the coaches hands for a while when there are upsets in these matches. You can see how that has happened to us a little bit over the years.
    Makes sense. I think Degen vs Droegemueller is a good example this year.
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

Corey Gamet is transferring to D2 Lake Erie. I think he is a legit d1 guy, so I expect him to do very well there

I missed this, but 2019 starter Nick Knutson will attend Northern Colorado and wrestle as a grad transfer. He'll have a good chance to start for them and I hope he starts and performs well.

https://twitter.com/nickknutson11/st...29558213898242

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    I missed this, but 2019 starter Nick Knutson will attend Northern Colorado and wrestle as a grad transfer. He'll have a good chance to start for them and I hope he starts and performs well.

https://twitter.com/nickknutson11/st...29558213898242
    I can't blame him for giving that a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by PaBizon View Post
    Here’s the Bison 2020-2021 Roster if everyone currently on it returns and with the incoming recruits we know of. I know alot can and will change between now and then and quite frankly it will need to.

Would be a balanced/consistent lineup without star power outside of Franek. I’m expecting there will be help coming from the transfer portal as well as a few more recruits to fill the room. Losing Gamet and Moser hurt the numbers
    Moser will be playing football and wrestling at Concordia. Should be a good fit