Thread: Crazy Enough to Work

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Crazy Enough to Work

Bison Illustrated (@bisonmag) Tweeted:
    If you aren't already hyped for this weekend's Summit League Tournament, @Swany8 is here to give you a shot in the arm. https://t.co/ik5u394HCA

Could happen I guess. Maybe.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Crazy Enough to Work

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Bison Illustrated (@bisonmag) Tweeted:
    If you aren't already hyped for this weekend's Summit League Tournament, @Swany8 is here to give you a shot in the arm. https://t.co/ik5u394HCA

Could happen I guess. Maybe.
    What would taking the average home attendance from 2500 to 5000/game provide financially? That's the big issue IMO. That would go a long way to getting the BB up from 1.5M to 2.5M and start to grow the program. I'll use $20 as ave tix prices and raise it to $30.

Att/Games/ave tix$
    2500 x 14 x 20 = $700,000
    2500 x 14 x 25 = $875,000
    2500 x 14 x 30 = $1,050,000

5000 x 14 x 20 = $1,400,000
    5000 x 14 x 25 = $1,750,000
    5000 x 14 x 30 = $2,100,000

5700 x 14 x 20 = $1,596000
    5700 x 14 x 25 = $1,995,000
    5700 x 14 x 30 = $2,394,000

I don't know what the ave ticket prices are, but you can see that the key to growing the program is to fill the place and generate revenue and grow ticket prices. Women's side potential is rather large as they are averaging what 500/game?

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What was the reason for fans showing up for the SDSU game? Obviously a rivalry game but was there more to it than that like tournament seeding and such? Was the Omaha game the same. There has to be some spark or catalyst someplace that we can tap into. Good OOC games are a start but what is the crowed like for them? Like I've said before in other threads, the mbb team should be closer to say UNI or maybe Wichita type team than say Oral Roberts. Maybe an on the verge of a top 25 pic or at least a relatively perennial 12-10 seed in the tournament on the year that we make it. These are my expectations and yes some of it may be unrealistic but how do we get closer to that type of program? Does anyone have anything close to those same thoughts or am I just drunk off of this Jabril news?
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Average ticket prices are closer to $15 for the men's games.

Men's basketball is the most competitive market in college sports and there's no secret about the blueprint to success. Like most things in life it comes down to $$$$. Swany can write all the propaganda pieces he wants and we can all throw our own brilliant ideas out on this message board but the start of the solution is straight cash homeboy.

Then of course the next issue is how best to spend that to maximize it's impact on the program. Everyone is a good at deciding how to spend someone else's money but it's a different story when we're asked to put our own checkbooks on the line.

I talked and emailed Troy G at NDSU last week and complained about food service issues I have seen/experienced at basketball games. I heard several again last Saturday when I was down for the game. I expressed to him that if it does not improve I will be eating prior to coming to the game and they will miss out on my money. I know this is a relatively small thing vs the play on the court. It does lead to overall fan experience at the game. Despite not being a beer drinker, I have heard positive things about that and told him so. But the total fan experience is not there right now. Love the way the men are playing and the improvement in the women's program this year. But we need to get more butts in the seats and be loud and proud when there. How can the dome take good care of 18,000 people but the basketball food service fails for 3,000 fans.
    Yes, NDSU can be the next Gonzaga.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I talked and emailed Troy G at NDSU last week and complained about food service issues I have seen/experienced at basketball games. I heard several again last Saturday when I was down for the game. I expressed to him that if it does not improve I will be eating prior to coming to the game and they will miss out on my money. I know this is a relatively small thing vs the play on the court. It does lead to overall fan experience at the game. Despite not being a beer drinker, I have heard positive things about that and told him so. But the total fan experience is not there right now. Love the way the men are playing and the improvement in the women's program this year. But we need to get more butts in the seats and be loud and proud when there. How can the dome take good care of 18,000 people but the basketball food service fails for 3,000 fans.
    Yes, NDSU can be the next Gonzaga.
    At the SDSU game they had only one of the two registers working for the popcorn and the icrecream stations. Of coarse the lines were huge at halftime. Not a huge deal but just something that makes you scratch your head. Wish they would bring back the outside vendors as the quality of the NDSU food service just isn't as good. I know I spend less since they switched.