Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Scottie hazelton to Michigan state

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Scottie hazelton to Michigan state

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Doesn’t Bison Pride have legacy stemming from Michigan State? Anyone with decent memory ‘member that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Those who stay will be champions" is a University of Michigan motto. IIRC several early coaches came from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Entz isnt leaving for a College DC job. It would have to be like an offer from Bama, LSU, Clemson, one of those IMO.

Klieman will probably want someone with experience against these high flying offenses.
    Entz leaves for a P5 DC job in a heartbeat. Let's not get stupid about it. I don't think he was offered by Klieman last year and won't be now but if he is offered, he goes.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

This is a good thread. At least we are temporarily not discussing Cox, I mean Lance leaving.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    Entz leaves for a P5 DC job in a heartbeat. Let's not get stupid about it. I don't think he was offered by Klieman last year and won't be now but if he is offered, he goes.

I don’t think bison1 is saying that Entz wouldn’t leave for a P5 DC position but maybe stating that he probably won’t be offered a position like that for another year or two. That’s my interpretation of it anyway.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    I don’t think bison1 is saying that Entz wouldn’t leave for a P5 DC position but maybe stating that he probably won’t be offered a position like that for another year or two. That’s my interpretation of it anyway.
    My mistake then, I read it wrong.

Sorry bison1. We're on the same page.

My take on Entz. I think he is doing an ok job as HC. I don't think he was ever given full control of the defense as DC. I think there were many times Klieman stepped in and if you watch the past seasons game to game, there was a point in every season you could almost pinpoint Klieman taking over the defense. It could also be those points in the season the defensive playbook opened up too.

If the second way is true, I know I'm completely under estimating Entz as a defensive mastermind. If the first way is true, he was still doing a pretty good job until big brother stepped in. I don't think it is a coincidence every program Klieman has been a part of has been at the top of its level defensively within a couple of years of his being there.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Is Scottie wanting to be a head coach someday? He sure has jumped around a lot and had a good thing going at KSU. Would have liked to see him leg it out there for a few years.

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Is Scottie wanting to be a head coach someday? He sure has jumped around a lot and had a good thing going at KSU. Would have liked to see him leg it out there for a few years.
    someone offers to double your personal salary (whatever it is...) and you’d say no? Make that new salary a million dollars per year at a leading company in your field of employment...gone! End of negotiations. No difference in the coaching profession.

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    someone offers to double your personal salary (whatever it is...) and you’d say no? Make that new salary a million dollars per year at a leading company in your field of employment...gone! End of negotiations. No difference in the coaching profession.
    Yep it is called a career rarely does one stay in the same place for a career

Everywhere he has been had good D

HC some day

Matt could have been the defensive coordinator last year, not sure why that would change in 1 year

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Matt could have been the defensive coordinator last year, not sure why that would change in 1 year
    You don't know if that was part of any plan.