Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Big 12 Tournament

Default Re: Big 12 Turnament

Franek wins 4-2 and takes third

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Franek pretty much to script when he wrestles Thomas. Nice win and a third place finish as a Freshman
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What's with the love fest between the announcers on the multiview and SDSU? Is it just their large presence on Flo or something else? It's a bit sickening...

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    What's with the love fest between the announcers on the multiview and SDSU? Is it just their large presence on Flo or something else? It's a bit sickening...
    The announcers doing the multi view broadcast are Track wrestling guys so I don’t think it’s Flo. I thought yesterday they were very pro Original Big 12 schools and kind of neglected the Dakota/UNC/Utah Valley’s. I think they gained a little respect for both NDSU/SDSU after seeing them perform. Interviewed both Dakota coaches and had nice things to say about both programs. We’ll see how it goes tonight in the finals. I know they love the Schwartz kid from UNC that Sykora is wrestling and Fogarty is up against OSU so it may seem anti BiZon. And The bunnies have kids going against OU, UNI and West Virginia so who knows.

Former Bison Paul Bianchi took second at 133 in the PAC 12 Tourney wrestling for Arkansas Little Rock. Big 12 is a much stronger overall conf than the PAC 12. Maybe a match up in Mpls between him and Cam. I’ll call a Sykora Tech Fall if so

Quote Originally Posted by PaBizon View Post
    The announcers doing the multi view broadcast are Track wrestling guys so I don’t think it’s Flo. I thought yesterday they were very pro Original Big 12 schools and kind of neglected the Dakota/UNC/Utah Valley’s. I think they gained a little respect for both NDSU/SDSU after seeing them perform. Interviewed both Dakota coaches and had nice things to say about both programs. We’ll see how it goes tonight in the finals. I know they love the Schwartz kid from UNC that Sykora is wrestling and Fogarty is up against OSU so it may seem anti BiZon. And The bunnies have kids going against OU, UNI and West Virginia so who knows.
    Those guys don't have anything to do with Flo. They cycled through almost all of the team's coaches, and all the interviews were like that. They were basically being cheerleaders for the conference. Outside of OK State, I'm assuming, a lot of their background info on the teams was suspect. For example, I heard that Cam wrestled really well in the finals against Piccinnini last year. When they were interviewing Kish, it was obvious that they couldn't tell the difference between NDSU and SDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by RadioBison View Post
    Those guys don't have anything to do with Flo. They cycled through almost all of the team's coaches, and all the interviews were like that. They were basically being cheerleaders for the conference. Outside of OK State, I'm assuming, a lot of their background info on the teams was suspect. For example, I heard that Cam wrestled really well in the finals against Piccinnini last year. When they were interviewing Kish, it was obvious that they couldn't tell the difference between NDSU and SDSU.
    Yep that’s why I said the two on the multi View broadcast were Track wrestling guys and not Flo guys. Some of the individual mat announcers have some Flo connections though

Yeah, I was just trying to add to your comments about the multi cast guys. I had some bad luck switching mats early on, so I just parked with them all weekend.

Cordell apparently won a true sixth over Buchanan and is in!!! I went back to check, but I couldn't find any video.
    Last edited by RadioBison; 03-08-2020 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RadioBison View Post
    Cordell apparently won a true sixth over Buchanan and is in!!! I went back to check, but I couldn't find any video.
    That is awesome! Congrats Cordell!!!

6 qualifiers is pretty fantastic. Midkiff was a minute away from making it 7 too