Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT 2/27 vs. SDSU

Default Re: GDT 2/27 vs. SDSU

Bison favored by 4.5

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Bison favored by 4.5
    argh, kiss of death, cuz that was spread of last game. GRR Wilson will play. NDSU 10000% needs to start fast in this game & get a lead.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

The Bison will win this game. They've got to still have red asses from that embarrassment last Saturday. They've got to have red asses from losing their last 7 (at least I think that's what it is now) to SDSU. They've got to still have red asses from leading wire-to-wire vs SDSU at the SHAC last year only to have a banked in half courter at the buzzer beat them. The Bison play well at home. SDSU has been mediocre on the road this year. The Bison are full of upper classmen. SDSU is very young. The Bison will win this game.

I have spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The Bison will win this game. They've got to still have red asses from that embarrassment last Saturday. They've got to have red asses from losing their last 7 (at least I think that's what it is now) to SDSU. They've got to still have red asses from leading wire-to-wire vs SDSU at the SHAC last year only to have a banked in half courter at the buzzer beat them. The Bison play well at home. SDSU has been mediocre on the road this year. The Bison are full of upper classmen. SDSU is very young. The Bison will win this game.

I have spoken.

Hadn’t seen this before

Matt Zimmer
    @argusmattz
    22h

Update to this - there are still a couple scenarios where NDSU could win out and the Jacks could still get the No. 1 seed. Primarily, they'd need UND to win at USD on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Hadn’t seen this before
    I believe SDSU needs ORU to finish 3rd if we win out to be the #1 seed. Which is a real possibility. Need to take care of business and have USD win at home vs UND.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Hadn’t seen this before
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    I believe SDSU needs ORU to finish 3rd if we win out to be the #1 seed. Which is a real possibility. Need to take care of business and have USD win at home vs UND.
    I'm not even sure how that's possible because they go from the top down when doing the tie breakers (a tie for 1st is broken first and on down) and the best ORU can do is end up tied with Omaha and USD for 3rd at 9-7 and in that case NDSU will have a 5-1 record against those teams and SDSU would be 4-2.

I think Zimmer is wrong about that unless the Summit changed their tie breaker process and breaks the tie for 3rd before breaking the tie for 1st.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'm not even sure how that's possible because they go from the top down when doing the tie breakers (a tie for 1st is broken first and on down) and the best ORU can do is end up tied with Omaha and USD for 3rd at 9-7 and in that case NDSU will have a 5-1 record against those teams and SDSU would be 4-2.

I think Zimmer is wrong about that unless the Summit changed their tie breaker process and breaks the tie for 3rd before breaking the tie for 1st.
    Per Summit League Tiebreaker Procedures

B. If there are multiple ties, the ties shall be broken in descending order. (i.e., a tie at the #1 position will be broken before any others).

C. Once a tie is broken using the procedures below, it shall remain broken for purposes of all future comparisons.

D. Two-team Tie-break Criteria. The following criteria shall be applied (in order) to break ties between two teams:

1. Results of head-to-head competition between the two tied teams.

2. Comparison of each tied team’s record against the team occupying the highest position in the standings continuing down through the standings until a team gains an advantage.

3. When arriving at another group of tied teams while comparing records, use each team’s record against the collective tied teams as a group (prior to that group’s own tie-breaking procedure) rather than the performance against individual tied teams.

If NDSU wins out, USD loses to UND and ORU wins both of its last to games we'd reach number 3, as stated above NDSU would hold the better record against the collective tied teams and NDSU would be the #1 seed. There isn't a scenario where we win out and don't get the #1 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Per Summit League Tiebreaker Procedures

B. If there are multiple ties, the ties shall be broken in descending order. (i.e., a tie at the #1 position will be broken before any others).

C. Once a tie is broken using the procedures below, it shall remain broken for purposes of all future comparisons.

D. Two-team Tie-break Criteria. The following criteria shall be applied (in order) to break ties between two teams:

1. Results of head-to-head competition between the two tied teams.

2. Comparison of each tied team’s record against the team occupying the highest position in the standings continuing down through the standings until a team gains an advantage.

3. When arriving at another group of tied teams while comparing records, use each team’s record against the collective tied teams as a group (prior to that group’s own tie-breaking procedure) rather than the performance against individual tied teams.

If NDSU wins out, USD loses to UND and ORU wins both of its last to games we'd reach number 3, as stated above NDSU would hold the better record against the collective tied teams and NDSU would be the #1 seed. There isn't a scenario where we win out and don't get the #1 seed.

Good to know, I think Zimmer's tweet was before yesterdays game when UND was still in contention for the #3 seed.

Lets protect the home court! Get to the SHAC folks!

Will be interesting to see the D tonight.
    Neither 6’ 7” Douglas Wilson or 6’ 8” Matt Dentlinger shoot from behind the 3 line to speak of. That could be a way to play off someone and help out on doubles. Wilson also only shoots 67% on FT’s.
    Friedel (38%) Ariens (36%) and Wingett (38%) are the volume shooters on 3’s.

Will also be interesting to see the pace of the game. Admittedly I have only watched a few Jacks games, but imo the Bison are deeper. With NDSU running a shorter bench lately, up-tempo might not happen, but would be fun to see it tried. Try and feed off the energy of the home crowd, wear down Wilson and Dentlinger.