Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: GDT 2/27 vs. SDSU

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: GDT 2/27 vs. SDSU

On TV the announcer was saying SDSU wanted a foul on the final play in OT on Mims. There was nothing. If he was screaming about that play he was dead wrong.

I thought the refs were fairly even in their calls throughout the game. Seemed like they called a lot of tic tac stuff on Ndsu in the 2nd half on drives to the basket, after Ndsu had a whistle advantage early.

On Samuelsons driving layup, it looked like Friedel should have had his 5th(extended the arm and shoved Samuelson). More contact than a lot of the whistles on the other end.

Very happy with the win. Very happy with the crowd. Unhappy with how Dentlinger abused us inside, Kreuser looked helpless against him on D. Perpetually unhappy with our offense, never burning timeouts to try and stop runs, and not having a creative play drawn up coming out of timeouts.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Also, what was with the Jack fan sitting about 2 rows behind their bench? All game long, all he did was "flex" and point at his bicep, and then turn around and look up into the Bison crowd with his arms up with his hands doing the "give me more noise."

Douche was looking for a confrontation. I hope everyone ignored him.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Also, what was with the Jack fan sitting about 2 rows behind their bench? All game long, all he did was "flex" and point at his bicep, and then turn around and look up into the Bison crowd with his arms up with his hands doing the "give me more noise."

Shouldve thrown a coke at him

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    At the end of the gqme number 11 was screaming at the crowd in the north end so much his face was bright red and it looked like he was going to have an aneurism. Finally one of the rabbit coaches covered his screaming mouth and pulled him to the locker room. The dude kept screaming right through the coaches hand which was half way in his mouth.
    He will definitely be my least favorite bunny for the foreseeable future. Not because he's a good player (which he is) but because he exudes arrogance. He did a lot of chirping at the officials as well.

He had to have done some Jobu level voodoo also to get some of the rolls that he got in the 2nd half.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post

Actually he was turning to his buddies that were sitting a row above him on the aisle seats. They were doing the same arm flex before the game. Guess their muscle dropped from above the arm to below the arm when the game ended.

Great Crowd tonight, hope it can come back to this all the time. Even the students stayed until the end of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    On TV the announcer was saying SDSU wanted a foul on the final play in OT on Mims. There was nothing. If he was screaming about that play he was dead wrong.

I thought the refs were fairly even in their calls throughout the game. Seemed like they called a lot of tic tac stuff on Ndsu in the 2nd half on drives to the basket, after Ndsu had a whistle advantage early.

On Samuelsons driving layup, it looked like Friedel should have had his 5th(extended the arm and shoved Samuelson). More contact than a lot of the whistles on the other end.
    I saw their coach screaming for a foul from the half court line afterwards. It there was contact, it was inadvertent. The question was the SDSU player actually faking an injury, or did he really mess up his ankle bad. I know you could tell that might have been Dave Richman's concern the way he turned and looked until the player was up and limping.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    1)SDSU is really well coached.

2)Shahid was really bad. Really bad game, happens to hit some shots late, plays bad defense late, then tries to hero ball 3 of the last 4-5 possessions of the game. Not really a time for that. At all.

3)NDSU's most impactful player is Ward. It shouldn't even be a secret. The ball should go through Ward's hands at some point of the possession every single time down. He's their best player on the court and there isn't a defender in the Summit than can stop him inside.

4)Key getting fouled late in the game when NDSU is full court pressing is EXACTLY why some teams do not like to play full court defense in those instances. Your defense isn't set up in the halfcourt to stop that. NDSU played that possession right, but for all the people who say Richman doesn't know what he's doing when he lets teams roll the ball upcourt, that's exactly why he does it.
    There's a difference between pressing and making sure a player picks up a rolling ball.

I thought the pressing was interesting. We didnt keep the ball in front of us. Usually you wanna do a soft press in that situation to take time off the clock. It almost burnt us, luckily Key missed the free throws. However, it got the ball in the right players hands, from our standpoint.
    Last edited by ndsubison1; 02-28-2020 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Shouldve thrown a coke at him
    tit for tat circa 2009 at sdsu
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

What is with all the whining? You are correct about #11.
    Perhaps his mother was sitting behind me. Whining and complaining the entire game. Never stopped.
    The only thing she didn’t complain about was the leg room. And that would have been valid!
    That arena should look and sound like that every game. And the game should be promoted like this game everytime.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans