Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NDSU football point system- Coach Entz

Default NDSU football point system- Coach Entz

Very interesting video from coach at a coaches clinic.
    I'm sure most of us knew about this system, but very cool to hear him explain it.

"play the players that make plays"

https://www.facebook.com/29544154725...1183069681832/
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Default Re: NDSU football point system- Coach Entz

Why give away our secrets?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I'm sure most of us knew about this system, but very cool to hear him explain it.

One of my chief complaints I have with some coaches is they seem to value predictable behavior too much even if its mediocre
    Last edited by ByeSonBusiness; 02-25-2020 at 11:05 AM.
    College of Business Alumnus

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Thanks for posting!!

thanks kujava

and yes westnodak I wondered too, but maybe bohl/Klieman stole it from Nebraska/clemson or somewhere..

I was hoping someone on here would know the history. Bison06 are you out there? dont think we've seen a poster from NDSU Fball 2011-2020 on here. but many lurk!!!

Seems like an interesting mix. There’s a lot of noise in those turnover type plays that they’re putting a lot of points on so not sure about that but it seems like a lot of the smaller point stuff is probably reflective of skill and effort etc.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Seems like an interesting mix. There’s a lot of noise in those turnover type plays that they’re putting a lot of points on so not sure about that but it seems like a lot of the smaller point stuff is probably reflective of skill and effort etc.
    tell us more audit. get out that abacus!

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    One of my chief complaints I have with some coaches is they don't seem to value predictable behavior too much even if its mediocre
    Big difference between playing scared, making plays, and blowing a coverage or missing a fit to make a play. Most of this boils down to effort and being physical

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

There aren't many "secrets" in the coaching world. They share this type of stuff all the time at coaching clinics and conferences.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    There aren't many "secrets" in the coaching world. They share this type of stuff all the time at coaching clinics and conferences.
    Exactly. The whole point of him presenting in a coaching clinic is to give away some "secrets".

I expect this also is a very rudimentary version of our real system, and that the main message he's trying to get out to these coaches is the "play the players who make plays" piece.
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.