Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks Drink Beer in Oregon.

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks Drink Beer in Oregon.

Quote Originally Posted by beersong View Post
    How about a scouting report on the coast!
    Working that way. Do you have specific towns you want to visit or just general info?

Moved this rec from QB11. I’ll probably need 10 pages just to scratch the surface of the Portland beer scene. Breweries might only be outnumbered in a per capita basis by strippers, and perhaps the homeless/hippies.

“First things first, if you’re coming to PDX before the game Loyal Legion in south East is a must stop. Everything you can imagine is on tap and it’s a super cool place. They carry most of the local and regional brews and its very central.”

<Head spinning> I really like a bunch of the micro brews available here in Minne. However I am old now and just can’t keep up with the burgeoning micro brew scene so I have to do like my hero and stick to what I know.

Where can I get a nice selection of single malts in OR?

I’ll hang up and listen...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode2Luke View Post
    Working that way. Do you have specific towns you want to visit or just general info?
    We’re starting in Astoria Wednesday afternoon and making our way down, then over to Eugene Friday evening. One night in Seaside, the other in Newport. Thanks!

McMennamin's may not have the best craft beer, but I used to drink the Hammerhead ale when I lived out there. They have typical bar food and the cajun tots are good.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    McMennamin's may not have the best craft beer, but I used to drink the Hammerhead ale when I lived out there. They have typical bar food and the cajun tots are good.
    This is a little on the nose, no?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by Ode2Luke View Post
    Moved this rec from QB11. I’ll probably need 10 pages just to scratch the surface of the Portland beer scene. Breweries might only be outnumbered in a per capita basis by strippers, and perhaps the homeless/hippies.

“First things first, if you’re coming to PDX before the game Loyal Legion in south East is a must stop. Everything you can imagine is on tap and it’s a super cool place. They carry most of the local and regional brews and its very central.”
    Any chance you’re on Untappd?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    This is a little on the nose, no?
    My last name is Hammer and hammerhead is my first choice for a username on message boards.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Agreed that the beer isn’t the greatest but McMinnemans does such a good job of creating a unique beer atmosphere I recommend a couple of their spots to anyone visiting that isn’t a die hard beer snob. St Francis in Bend, Edgefield up in Troutdale (great concert venue) and the Kennedy school in Portland.

https://www.mcmenamins.com/stay

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    <Head spinning> Where can I get a nice selection of single malts in OR?
    Hard liquor is all sold by the state (OLCC) so it’s a bit cheaper in WA even with WA’s 10% sales tax. The nice thing is if there’s something you’re searching for you can check the state website and see updated inventories and locations of basically every bottle in the state.

http://www.oregonliquorsearch.com/

I’m going to work a bit more on beer before I get sidetracked with the local distilleries you should try.