Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks Drink Beer in Oregon.

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks Drink Beer in Oregon.

10 BBL Apocalypse is a good IPA but if you can find it Pearl IPA is better. InBev (Budweiser) bought them maybe 3 years ago. They had been a Bend, OR flagship brewery, probably second only to Deschutes, and everyone loved them, then they sell out and everyone wearing flannel, skinny jeans and sporting a cropped lumberjack beard suddenly hated their former favorite brewery. Bud hasn’t watered them down all that much. The Crush sour series is decent, not too sour so it’s pretty approchable, basically something you could sell on a supermarket shelf next to Blue Moon and people wouldn’t freak out.

It is a shame that so many of our top breweries are being bought, or partially bought, by InBev and the other nasties. Or, even worse, closing down due to market over saturation. Bridgeport and Alameda bit the dust this year, and those were two of the bigger local Portland beers. Even Widmer had to close their NoPo location. I usually buy up my beer at the grocery store instead of a bottle shop, and Hop Czar is missed. Burnside and Laurelhurst also closed this year.

I travel a lot, and it constantly amazes me how good the beer selection is in Oregon. An Oregon gas station will have a bigger beer selection than a big grocery store in most of the country.

On the subject of which beers are hot right now: hazy IPAs are on tap everywhere, and milk stouts are going mainstream.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    You must own a store then?.
    Taphouse/Restaurant/bar downtown Salem. I allude to it in the travel guide but I don’t want to get banned for shameless advertising.
    Last edited by Ode2Luke; 02-19-2020 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RatherBeYachting View Post
    On the subject of which beers are hot right now: hazy IPAs are on tap everywhere, and milk stouts are going mainstream.
    It’s February so it’s Dark Beer Month!

Quote Originally Posted by Ode2Luke View Post
    It’s February so it’s Dark Beer Month!
    Indeed it is. Castle Danger brewing George Hunter Stout. Two Harbors, MN.

Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by RatherBeYachting View Post
    It is a shame that so many of our top breweries are being bought, or partially bought, by InBev and the other nasties. Or, even worse, closing down due to market over saturation. Bridgeport and Alameda bit the dust this year, and those were two of the bigger local Portland beers. Even Widmer had to close their NoPo location. I usually buy up my beer at the grocery store instead of a bottle shop, and Hop Czar is missed. Burnside and Laurelhurst also closed this year.

I travel a lot, and it constantly amazes me how good the beer selection is in Oregon. An Oregon gas station will have a bigger beer selection than a big grocery store in most of the country.

Oh man, WIDMER... now THAT’s a blast from the past. Didn’t they have a black IPA that was pretty good back in the day?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by Ode2Luke View Post
    Taphouse/Restaurant/bar downtown Salem. I allude to it in the travel guide but I don’t want to get banned for shameless advertising.
    Dude, for the amount of recs you’re posting in here, I will happily rep your joint and ask anyone able to patronize your establishment if they can. Reply to this post with your website. I hope you get some business.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Indeed it is. Castle Danger brewing George Hunter Stout. Two Harbors, MN.

Best value stout in the business. 6-pack of cans for around $10, at 8abv, it should be listed as imperial but those CD guys give zero fucks. Love that beer.

who the hell wants 2 drink beer in oregin..,,, bud-weis-errrrrr (as i tip a stone ipa, closest thing ive. found "over the counter* close to junkyards" vinny vega aka greatest brew of all time)

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    who the hell wants 2 drink beer in oregin..,,, bud-weis-errrrrr (as i tip a stone ipa, closest thing ive. found "over the counter* close to junkyards" vinny vega aka greatest brew of all time)
    Vince Vega is fantastic you are correct my man.