Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Ducks Drink Beer in Oregon.

Default NDSU vs Ducks Drink Beer in Oregon.

Enough useless football talk, it’s time to talk about important things. Where to get good beer in Oregon.
    Driving out? Depending on the route there are some stops you don’t want to miss.

First up: pFriem Family Brewing in Hood River (I-84) the windsurfing capital of the world. Really solid brewery, makes a great ipa and pils. Most people will stop at the much larger and more visible Full Sail Brewery (decent beer, decent food, great views, every beer can be made into a milkshake...) that’s up the hill from them. But don’t sleep on pFriem, bigger isn’t always better. You’ll be able to find them in bottle shops and on draft at many of the better Taphouse/Bars throughout the state. If your not in a hurry head across the River to White Salmon, WA and visit Everybody’s Brewing and Double Mountain. Further west on the WA side is Backwoods Brewing. If you’re really serious and have a DD there’s a beer app for the Gorge.

breweriesinthegorge.com/
    Last edited by Ode2Luke; 02-18-2020 at 06:51 AM. Reason: Added urls

Default Re: NDSU vs Ducks Drink Beer in Oregon.

Ok this one is straight up sticking my neck out there but it’s the perfect NDSU vs OR analogy.

If you’re driving through Central OR, you’ll come through Bend,OR (the Ducks in this example) it’s packed full of 5* Breweries and is worth spending a day or 7 visiting. Everyone will tell you how great it is and blah blah blah.

But if you’re in a hurry and have one stop, make the slight detour and go to Redmond, OR (NDSU) it’s smaller, quiet and Wild Ride Brewing is the Trey Lance of central Oregon breweries. They’re killing it this year, making great beer. Geist, Kobold/the Vault, and Initiative Brewing are smaller but all pack a serious punch. Jersey Boys Pizza across the street from Initiative has one of the best tap lists in the state. If you’re there early in the day, eat at One Street Down.

You can’t really go wrong with either choice but my money on my last visit was spent on the little guy.

If you’re going for the glitz and stop in Bend, Crux Fermentation Project, Boneyard, Sun River, Deschutes and McMinnemans Old St. Francis School (unique tourist trap) would be my must stops, but I’d add Goodlife, Worthy, Silver Moon, Oblivion, 10 Barrel, Immersion, Bend Brewing to places worth checking out. I’m sure there’s 5-10 more I forgot.

If you’re traveling with a lady friend and want to have some “atmosphere” Bos Torros for steak dinner, then next door to Dogwood Cocktail Cabin for drinks and conversation. There’s a random semi-private dart room upstairs.

I wish badly I was going out for the game. Some great info here from Luke, clearly he knows his stuff about beer. Offensive Coordinators, on the other hand...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Beer knowledge >>> Football knowledge. I have my priorities in order.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode2Luke View Post
    Beer knowledge >>> Football knowledge. I have my priorities in order.
    Now you're speaking my language.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

If you’re coming out on I-84 on the southern side, say you visited Yellowstone/Grand Tetons, Barley Browns in Baker City in Eastern Oregon is another cant miss spot. You’ll find their beer all over the state as well so don’t go out of your way to get there. Pallet Jack IPA is one of my top 10 IPA’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode2Luke View Post
    If you’re coming out on I-84 on the southern side, say you visited Yellowstone/Grand Tetons, Barley Browns in Baker City in Eastern Oregon is another cant miss spot. You’ll find their beer all over the state as well so don’t go out of your way to get there. Pallet Jack IPA is one of my top 10 IPA’s.
    Lefty's Taphouse in Baker City is a good stop. I don't remember them having their own beer, but they had a large selection of microbrews and delicious pizza.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

How about a scouting report on the coast!

Continuing west from Bend, 3 Creeks Brewing in Sisters, OR makes good beer. Their Crowd Pleaser and Hoodoo Voodoo IPA are good as is the Knotty Blonde. Don’t bother with the hand made ice cream spots though no matter how much the kids scream. You’ll spend $45 on 2 single scoop waffle cones.