Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Masters Pool

Default Re: 2020 Masters Pool

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    True handicaps for amateurs are difficult to measure. I’m roughly a 10, when playing well, but there are others at my course who are much lower, but they fluff/don’t play their ball “down” and “give” themselves putts ... and then go register their score, not to mention a few “foot-wedges” during the round that aren’t counted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah it’s not an exact science for sure... I’ve always been told when you’re a 10-12 handy, you’re capable of shooting in the 70s and the 100s, just depends on the day and the course. That about sums up my game.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

True handicaps for amateurs are difficult to measure. I’m roughly a 10, when playing well, but there are others at my course who are much lower, but they fluff/don’t play their ball “down” and “give” themselves putts ... and then go register their score, not to mention a few “foot-wedges” during the round that aren’t counted.

Those are the guys you want to play for money and make them follow the rules and count every shot. Like taking candy from a baby.

Played with a guy (in golf heaven now) who had a cart that must of went 40 mph. Rarely had a passenger and never had a bad lie if you know what I mean. For his 50th bday I cut a wedge at its hosel and glued it to an old golf shoe. A foot wedge. He was not amused

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    Played with a guy (in golf heaven now) who had a cart that must of went 40 mph. Rarely had a passenger and never had a bad lie if you know what I mean. For his 50th bday I cut a wedge at its hosel and glued it to an old golf shoe. A foot wedge. He was not amused
    Sounds like a guy who could have given Donald a run. Btw, Riley’s book on him is a good read. Not really political.

Everybody who plays with him loves it. Most fun playing golf ever. He’s really good. Like maybe a 10 hdcp and not a 2 like his card says. Maybe 1 or 2 percent of golfers his age are capable of a 10 hdcp. The man can play.

I would be interested also Heffray. You have been putting together an outstanding cast so far! Cheers!
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 02-18-2020 at 09:09 AM.

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by MangyOldBison View Post
    I would be interested also Heffray. You have been putting together an outstanding cast so far! Cheers!
    Fantastic. Tell your friends!

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

In

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

In. I choose Tiger Woods, Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, and Ben Hogan.

Quote Originally Posted by Strategery View Post
    In. I choose Tiger Woods, Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, and Ben Hogan.
    I have no problem with these picks considering 2 are dead and 1 won’t be playing. But good luck.

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sure, why not. This should be fun.