Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Masters Pool

Default 2020 Masters Pool

Gang,

I'm thinking of running a pool for this year's Masters. Nothing on the line other than pride, and I guess I'll add something to my sig line stating the winner for every year (like Husker does).

We'd use a tiered aggregate system. Here's how it would work:

All golfers will be posted with the Vegas odds to win and then split into 4 tiers (1-15, 16-30, 31-45, and "dark horse"). Entries into the pool would have to select one golfer from each tier (and this would have to be done on Wednesday since these odds change over the week). Aggregate total of all 4 golfers for all 4 rounds are added up and the lowest score wins. If one of your golfers misses the cut, they get the worst score from Saturday and Sunday of a golfer who did make the cut. You also must guess what the winning score to par will be and this will be used as a tie-breaker if needed.

Open to thoughts on making it better. But curious if there is any interest.

Thanks.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Default Re: 2020 Masters Pool

I’d be interested

I’d be interested as well. I’d say, however, that if we don’t get at least 10 people, we bail.

P.S. I just bought myself a Power Flex Swing Trainer from Easier Golf!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I’d be interested as well. I’d say, however, that if we don’t get at least 10 people, we bail.

P.S. I just bought myself a Power Flex Swing Trainer from Easier Golf!!!

Yeah, for the first one it might be tough, but once the winner gets their name on my prestigious sig line, look out 2021 Masters Pool, I may need an assistant...

Also, does that contraption look anything like this? I hear it works wonders on the shanks...
    2020-02-17_16-05-02.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Yeah, for the first one it might be tough, but once the winner gets their name on my prestigious sig line, look out 2021 Masters Pool, I may need an assistant...

Also, does that contraption look anything like this? I hear it works wonders on the shanks...
    2020-02-17_16-05-02.jpg
    The last word of your post is banned from my vocabulary.

That said, I bought more for getting prepared physically for upcoming season and warmups.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    The last word of your post is banned from my vocabulary.

That said, I bought more for getting prepared physically for upcoming season and warmups.

I've been doing similar things in my workout routine with a pull-down rope simulating a golf for-swing. All about core strength, baby! This is the year I get to single digit handicap.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I've been doing similar things in my workout routine with a pull-down rope simulating a golf for-swing. All about core strength, baby! This is the year I get to single digit handicap.
    Good luck. I was once a 4 handicap before my hand injury 8 years ago. It’s now probably closer to 14 as I golf maybe 6 times a year. To much pain on my hand. Yes it sucks

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    Good luck. I was once a 4 handicap before my hand injury 8 years ago. It’s now probably closer to 14 as I golf maybe 6 times a year. To much pain on my hand. Yes it sucks
    Ugh that sucks I’m sorry. Lowest I’ve ever been is 10.6....

The lowest I have ever been required a calculator with more power than the Apollo flight control computers to calc. Very, very few people would ever play me for real money. So, fine.

I did get a massive value increase over my lower handicapped friends however in terms of S/$. (Swings/dollar)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Default 2020 Masters Pool

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    The lowest I have ever been required a calculator with more power than the Apollo flight control computers to calc. Very, very few people would ever play me for real money. So, fine.

I did get a massive value increase over my lower handicapped friends however in terms of S/$. (Swings/dollar)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    True handicaps for amateurs are difficult to measure. I’m roughly a 10, when playing well, but there are others at my course who are much lower, but they fluff/don’t play their ball “down” and “give” themselves putts ... and then go register their score, not to mention a few “foot-wedges” during the round that aren’t counted.

Today's CAS GASF = ZERO