Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Masters Pool

Default Re: 2020 Masters Pool

Quote Originally Posted by Strategery View Post
    Usually I add a line about snow melting, and summer fun here. I guess it could be

“Thanksgiving is coming, and snow will be falling, and Masters is near!”

It works. You have my picks.
    I like it. We should get Loaf to write the rest, he's good at that stuff.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Lee Elder will be honorary starter along with Jack and Gary on Thursday.

Additionally Augusta National announces Lee Elder scholarships at Paine College.

Ya just gotta love the members at Augusta National.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Lee Elder will be honorary starter along with Jack and Gary on Thursday.

Additionally Augusta National announces Lee Elder scholarships at Paine College.

Ya just gotta love the members at Augusta National.
    Dude, I'ma need your picks soon, me bwa.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    pucknut added to the fun! thanks for the message, pucknut!
    Well that’s it then. You brought in a ringer. The rest of us are playing for second place now.

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Paging dufferole, BisonAudit, SlickVic, 56Bison73, CAS, Mr Meaty, PattyBison, TheSoCalledFan, Izzy Flexion, Gully, Indy Bison, Virginia Bison, ScottietoHottie, El_Chapo, tony, and many other outstanding Bisonville dignitaries!! I apologize for those I should have listed but early onset dementia is rough). A quick private message to heffray gets you in to this with bragging rights to gain and nothing to lose! Just pick your favorite out of each grouping (4 names) and what you think the winning score will be (last year Tiger won it with 275). I think heffray is allowing new pool members until the tournament starts!

How bout that Masters and how bout them Bison?!?

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by MangyOldBison View Post
    Paging dufferole, BisonAudit, SlickVic, 56Bison73, CAS, Mr Meaty, PattyBison, TheSoCalledFan, Izzy Flexion, Gully, Indy Bison, Virginia Bison, ScottietoHottie, El_Chapo, tony, and many other outstanding Bisonville dignitaries!! I apologize for those I should have listed but early onset dementia is rough). A quick private message to heffray gets you in to this with bragging rights to gain and nothing to lose! Just pick your favorite out of each grouping (4 names) and what you think the winning score will be (last year Tiger won it with 275). I think heffray is allowing new pool members until the tournament starts!

How bout that Masters and how bout them Bison?!?
    Yes! Thank you, Mangy! Join in the fun, fellas! Picks by Wednesday and you're in.

The only adjustment I'll make is I'm looking for score to par (like -14, for example) for the tie-breaker.

For a number of years the Wall Street Journal pitted a selection of volunteer portfolio managers and their stock picks against the DJI and also some of their own staffers who picked portfolios by throwing darts at lists of stocks. Some detail here: https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10190809017144480

In that vein I wonder if I can introduce our new imaginary friend, let's just call him Dart, and allow him to play as well? He has made his choices from our tiers using the RAND() function in Excel and then selecting the player in each tier with the highest random value for that tier. Similarly he has selected a score to par from the range of 0..-20 inclusive using the same method.
    The result of the latest randomized picks are:
    T1: Justin Thomas
    T2: Louis Oosthuizen
    T3: Ian Poulter
    DH: Mike Weir
    STP: -16

Is it OK with everyone if Dart plays?

Also, I have a copy of the spreadsheet that I am happy to post up somewhere if anyone is interested. It is exceedingly simple. Just know that the RAND() function is a volatile function in Excel and thus any sheet recalc will cause a new set of selections. Most of you will have Excel set to recalc on opening a workbook.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    For a number of years the Wall Street Journal pitted a selection of volunteer portfolio managers and their stock picks against the DJI and also some of their own staffers who picked portfolios by throwing darts at lists of stocks. Some detail here: https://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10190809017144480

In that vein I wonder if I can introduce our new imaginary friend, let's just call him Dart, and allow him to play as well? He has made his choices from our tiers using the RAND() function in Excel and then selecting the player in each tier with the highest random value for that tier. Similarly he has selected a score to par from the range of 0..-20 inclusive using the same method.
    The result of the latest randomized picks are:
    T1: Justin Thomas
    T2: Louis Oosthuizen
    T3: Ian Poulter
    DH: Mike Weir
    STP: -16

Is it OK with everyone if Dart plays?

Also, I have a copy of the spreadsheet that I am happy to post up somewhere if anyone is interested. It is exceedingly simple. Just know that the RAND() function is a volatile function in Excel and thus any sheet recalc will cause a new set of selections. Most of you will have Excel set to recalc on opening a workbook.
    I move that Dart plays!

Jon Rahm practice aces on #16. Would have been nice to hear a crowd react to that.

https://www.golftweet.com/253029/tha...sterday-at-au/

Quote Originally Posted by MangyOldBison View Post
    I move that Dart plays!
    DART has been added, Although if he wins, we might need a clever way to display this on my sig line.