Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Certain Posters have Run All BB Threads into the Ground, Thread

Default Re: Certain Posters have Run All BB Threads into the Ground, Thread

Chapo doesnt offer anything of substance 99% of the time. Richman will be getting an extension at some point, so buckle up. The team is playing well this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Sorry but winning Summit games is not going to change my mind about our coaching situation. That didn’t use to be our ceiling nor should it be. It’s the same stinking thing every year. Play like garbage in ooc against any team with a pulse, ok to good in conference, possibly win the summit tourney if we don’t fold like against high majors, then get boat raced. We use to be competitive against high majors and I miss those days. If this team could beat other good teams they would start seeing more butts in the seats. I’ll change my mind if a Richman team ever wins a meaningful game against someone actually good. I miss those days
    Define good? ETSU might not be a household name but they are currently slated to be an at large team in the tournament. Thats a double digit win over a tournament team. Would a win over an average at best Kansas State have been better? I think everyone is in for winning more non-conference power 5 games but it is isnt easy to do. Before the win vs Oklahoma in the dance our only power 5 win during Saul's tenure was vs Notre Dame. Notre Dame finished the season 15-17, and made no post season tournament. Hell Saul lost to MSUM Dragons once....imagine if a Richman led team ever did that.

Miles did have a couple very special power 5 wins, thinking back to that team just makes me wish we had Andre Smith for Woody's and company senior season. That team could have made some serious noise.

The ND win was when they still had Jerian Grant playing, who was not just their best player but he was an ACC POY contender. He was suspended a week or two after we beat them. They were 8-4 before he was suspended, he was a consensus NCAA All-American the next year and helped lead ND to the Elite Eight. That win was a lot better than beating some 15-17 team, we beat what was pretty much an NCAA tournament team.

That team played a very aggressive schedule, probably the toughest non-conference slate ever.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    The ND win was when they still had Jerian Grant playing, who was not just their best player but he was an ACC POY contender. He was suspended a week or two after we beat them. They were 8-4 before he was suspended, he was a consensus NCAA All-American the next year and helped lead ND to the Elite Eight. That win was a lot better than beating some 15-17 team, we beat what was pretty much an NCAA tournament team.

That team played a very aggressive schedule, probably the toughest non-conference slate ever.
    They also already had a loss to Indiana State (23-11) and barely scraped by Delaware (25-10...a team we beat by 20). They were 8-4 but had only played 3 power 5 schools going 1-2 during that stretch. I agree there was some good talent on that Notre Dame team and certainly their record would have been better with Grant playing all season.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    They also already had a loss to Indiana State (23-11) and barely scraped by Delaware (25-10...a team we beat by 20). They were 8-4 but had only played 3 power 5 schools going 1-2 during that stretch. I agree there was some good talent on that Notre Dame team and certainly their record would have been better with Grant playing all season.
    I was in row 4 center court that night in South Bend. That was a great win led by Marshall and TrayVon that night. Marshall dominated with a soft touch and Tray had the helium going that night.