Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: GDT 2/14 vs PFW

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: GDT 2/14 vs PFW

This was the gameday atmosphere at the old BSA a mere 6 years ago:

Incredibly sad how far the atmosphere has dropped off at Bison basketball games.

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post

Incredibly sad how far the atmosphere has dropped off at Bison basketball games.
    I’d say it’s moreso that BB has gone boring. Nothing physical anymore like sports are supposed to be. Bring me a Bobby Knight-like team and I’d be there again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Need a Trayvon to get the crowd into it. Could have happened with Deng but Richman ran him off. Looks like MHH might be the next opportunity unless Dave strikes again. He seems to enjoy boring BB.

That was exactly the point I was trying to make. That clip showed it the best. I guess the atmosphere is so long gone I am trying to find a reason to go.

Thanks for posting that clip, only six years ago, (seems like a dream) and like I said there would be a few games a year like that, not just the SDSU game. (Oakland was always good back in the day. I remember giving a damn about Oral Robert's too.) Even after Oakland was gone, every year built to a crescendo and fans would be filling that place.

Maybe basketball has changed that much in 6 years or maybe it's the league. I can't see the Summit getting much better with the teams the are bringing in.

Sorry for the lament, I used to have so much passion for this program and it's just gone. I miss it

80ALUM is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Miles and Saul had a way of bringing in fans. Richman does not. I don't recall ever hearing Rich man hype up a game and encourage fans to come.

The most concerning thing to me is we cant get 100 students to go to a on campus game. The product is good and the team is winning, I know the program has done numerous things on campus to try and get students to the games but results havent been great. Its unfortunate because an engaged student section can really create a good home court advantage and also add a lot of energy to game days.

The game atmosphere has certainly gone downhill at basketball games in recent years....

It's also gone downhill at football games in the same timeframe....

Coincidence????

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The game atmosphere has certainly gone downhill at basketball games in recent years....

Coincidence????
    No
    It’s happening everywhere
    At the same time, there are significantly fewer students at NDSU

Best to try to address the issue from a bigger perspective as opposed to blaming athletics, which administratively is far and away a relative success story at NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    The most concerning thing to me is we cant get 100 students to go to a on campus game. The product is good and the team is winning, I know the program has done numerous things on campus to try and get students to the games but results havent been great. Its unfortunate because an engaged student section can really create a good home court advantage and also add a lot of energy to game days.
    That's wild. BSA was lit 10 years ago. Me and the boys were sad the place was such a dump, "wait til they turn this place into a real arena."

Moving the games so far away from campus probably ruined the student section. My theory anyway. I dont remember the student section going downhill until that happened.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

Coincidence????
    Could be coincidence, hard to say, I can only speak for myself on football. I think it is still pretty good outside of the student section.

I also give a little leeway for people before and during the playoff run. It can be alot of weekends in a row with home field. No excuses, find someone to take your seats but I totally get if you are looking at schedule of five straight home games and you need to miss one.

Also with the run we are on it is pretty easy to underestimate you opponent.

Do you think NDSU has gotten to the upper limit of what ticket prices can go? I don't know on that . . .