Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: GDT 2/14 vs PFW

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: GDT 2/14 vs PFW

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Game experience in the SHAC totally sucks. Should expect better from a D1 state university, but for some reason NDSU built on the cheap, and now have a terrible layout, terrible seating and crap concessions. Too bad the good men's basketball teams here have to deal with minimal fan support mostly because of where they play and how it's run. Maybe those in charge should conduct a survey to see how many people don't want to come back to the SHAC due to their experience inside. They will find it has nothing to do with the effort made by the players. Although watching Richman coach is another issue.
    But how about those football coaches offices and locker rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    But how about those football coaches offices and locker rooms.
    Kinda like hockey up there?

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Game experience in the SHAC totally sucks. Should expect better from a D1 state university, but for some reason NDSU built on the cheap, and now have a terrible layout, terrible seating and crap concessions. Too bad the good men's basketball teams here have to deal with minimal fan support mostly because of where they play and how it's run. Maybe those in charge should conduct a survey to see how many people don't want to come back to the SHAC due to their experience inside. They will find it has nothing to do with the effort made by the players. Although watching Richman coach is another issue.
    I do agree, my biggest issue with the admin is that they knew they screwed up the seating bowl and then decided to do nothing at all to fix it. I only go to a game or two a year now, used to go to every single home game. Now I'd rather just watch on ESPN+
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Game we could not lose and didnt....Now it is @USD, @UND and SDSU....welcome to the meat of our schedule. Big test before the SLT.
    Need to go at least 2-1 here. Dont have good feeling about the game in Vermillion

Griesel is really rounding back into form for the first time since his injury and that's taking this team to another level. His activity away from the ball is something that is lacking outside of him. He moves when a teammate beats his defender and Griesel's defender has to help instead of just standing and watching at the 3 point line. Puts him in a great position for offensive boards and makes himself available for the driver to dish off to.

I quit going due to the Shac as well. I would rather watch at home. Atmosphere is dead, at least in the past the crowd could surprise you and get the place rocking 4 times a year or so.

The food sucks, maybe I have been spoiled by the Force but I am not big on the shac's cafeteria pizza. When I go to a game and miss dominos you know your concessions suck. I need a reason to convince my family to go. "Hey, let's go to the basketball game and get some Coldstone, a gyro, something"

All sporting events are lack luster without a game day experience. Think of Bison football with no tailgate, school cafeteria food for concessions, and no sound system. What would that do to attendance?

Maybe I have just wised up that no game matters until the Summit tournament. But I really used to live for games just 3 or 4 years ago. Maybe I just got old . . . but that seems to be the majority of fans so that can't be it.

So before it was the team wasn’t good enough to go... now it’s the concessions keeping people away.... the sloppy joes on the lower level are still good not as big of a bargain as they once were but still good... I guess I don’t go to a game looking for anymore then A good game a bag or box of popcorn and a cold soda .... the facility is such a huge upgrade to what once was.... that the negativity is hard... why didnt they knock it down and start over.... simple answer is they didn’t have the funding

Yeah who goes to games for the food. Grabbed a turf burger and mug of beer before the game last week.

I don't really give a damn about the food, it was good when it opened I guess but I never got all that much. The amosphere and seating bowl is what needs fixing. There has to be something that could be done to get more leg room. That should have been fixed right away and the school should have been very public about correcting it. Not a good look to have a new arena, a bunch of new season ticket holders and then don't fix major screw up.

If the league could ever get 10 teams it would probably help with attendance. I know people want big name non-conference games but the ETSU's of the world are probably as good as it gets. The K-State game was a very unique thing, especially with Huggy getting the job. What we need is a strong league, right now the Summit is at its weakest point since we joined.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

it's the atmosphere , no students, no buzz, need a coach with some pizazz. hell when Vinnie or Cam or Tyson get a lil cocky and trying to pump up the crowd they can feel eyes on them
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?