Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Matt Entz = Colorado Coach mention...

Default Re: Matt Entz = Colorado Coach mention...

Teams needing defensive coordinators include: Texas, LSU, South Carolina, Notre Dame, Illinois, Auburn, Michigan, Indiana, Purdue...and about 20 other FBS programs.

I saw some chatter about Entz, but i'm not gonna allow fargo media to know & cause a distraction . it was just chatter on message boards.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Teams needing defensive coordinators include: Texas, LSU, South Carolina, Notre Dame, Illinois, Auburn, Michigan, Indiana, Purdue...and about 20 other FBS programs.

I saw some chatter about Entz, but i'm not gonna allow fargo media to know & cause a distraction . it was just chatter on message boards.
    So people obviously in the know and well connected.

FWIW i haven't seen any mentions of Entz on the ND board. Which means he is probably going there lmaooo.

Would be tough to turn down several of those programs.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    So people obviously in the know and well connected.
    probably not. but i really just posted this because HOLY CRAP there is a lot of DC positions open (Entz is a DC)
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

probably not. but i really just posted this because HOLY CRAP there is a lot of DC positions open (Entz is a DC)
    Entz is a head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Entz is a head coach.
    My thought as well.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Entz is a head coach.
    That would be an interesting decision to go through... A) Become a coordinator at a Big Time University for big $$$$, but lose command of the ship. or B) Stay a head coach for less money but be able to be the one who sets overall direction. I suspect a lot depends upon the capability of the person.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

I saw Entz's name mentioned as a "long shot" candidate for Vanderbilt (already been filled), and south carolina on ESPN.com. I dont imagine he's even gotten a phone call, but it was interesting to see that ESPN thinks that its not ridiculous for his name to be thrown out for SEC jobs
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    That would be an interesting decision to go through... A) Become a coordinator at a Big Time University for big $$$$, but lose command of the ship. or B) Stay a head coach for less money but be able to be the one who sets overall direction. I suspect a lot depends upon the capability of the person.
    Entz strikes me as a guy well suited to being the head guy. Not saying he would never take a P5 DC spot but like Klieman, I think he'd hold out for a move up as HC someday.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Entz is young. The last two head coaches at NDSU have gotten FBS HC jobs. Kleiman after only 5 years. He's living an exceptionally comfortable life in Fargo, and he's never lost a game. Stay the course, and a major job will come find him.