Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: US Bank Stadium...

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default US Bank Stadium...

I think the door is opening for a potential neutral site game in the future.

St Johns and St Thomas just secured a game here. They were one step ahead on the Target Field site as well. It helps that they have a large local fan base.

https://gojohnnies.com/news/2020/2/1...this-fall.aspx

Default Re: US Bank Stadium...

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    I think the door is opening for a potential neutral site game in the future.

St Johns and St Thomas just secured a game here. They were one step ahead on the Target Field site as well. It helps that they have a large local fan base.

https://gojohnnies.com/news/2020/2/1...this-fall.aspx
    I do think with the right opponent we could push 40k in US Bank Stadium. I wasn't sold on the Target Field game, I went and had a good time. Like has been said many times over if we can't get FBS games I will take something like this every few years in lieu of playing the sisters of the poor for a 7th home game.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I do think with the right opponent we could push 40k in US Bank Stadium. I wasn't sold on the Target Field game, I went and had a good time. Like has been said many times over if we can't get FBS games I will take something like this every few years in lieu of playing the sisters of the poor for a 7th home game.
    against a real opponent, like SDSU, JMU or a competent G5 school, I think a sellout would be very possible
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    against a real opponent, like SDSU, JMU or a competent G5 school, I think a sellout would be very possible
    I still think there is ZERO chance of ever getting a FBS school to play a neutral site game, ain't gonna happen. But yes I think against SDSU or JMU we could possible sell out. Not sure how an SDSU game would work because the purpose of these is to fill the gap left behind by no FBS as an out of conference game. Neither school will want to give up a home game for this as it's hard enough to fill home schedules with quality games the way it is.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I still think there is ZERO chance of ever getting a FBS school to play a neutral site game, ain't gonna happen. But yes I think against SDSU or JMU we could possible sell out. Not sure how an SDSU game would work because the purpose of these is to fill the gap left behind by no FBS as an out of conference game. Neither school will want to give up a home game for this as it's hard enough to fill home schedules with quality games the way it is.
    You don't think NIU wouldn't like the idea of playing in an NFL stadium? Not to mention the $$$?
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Yeah, I disagree on this. I do think a G5 school could go for it if the payout was high enough. Question is could you get a top notch G5 like Boise which is what you would need to get a huge draw. Not sure why anyone would even suggest a conference game for this; that is just dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    You don't think NIU wouldn't like the idea of playing in an NFL stadium? Not to mention the $$$?
    G5 teams would be much more likely than P5.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Yeah, I disagree on this. I do think a G5 school could go for it if the payout was high enough. Question is could you get a top notch G5 like Boise which is what you would need to get a huge draw. Not sure why anyone would even suggest a conference game for this; that is just dumb.
    Any school that thinks they can beat NDSU would want to play them at home. Any school tempted by playing a game like this wouldn't want the attention of getting spanked by an FCS school. That's just my opinion.

NDSU WYOMING ?

NDSU Colorado St?

itd have to be a FBS G5 that wants students from Twin Cities.... they can sell it as Recruiting for Academia as well
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Just play St Thomas at US Bank. When you look at how many fans both schools had at their respective Target Field games, it should sell out no problem