Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stanford and Air Force Duals

Default Stanford and Air Force Duals

I'm exciting about the duals coming up this weekend, especially Stanford. We have two pretty evenly matched teams and there should be lots of competitive matches. I'm gonna try to make it to Fargo for this one.

Default Re: Stanford and Air Force Duals

With the Air Force dual Sunday being Senior night, thought I'd drop this Kolpack article about Dan Stibral here:
    https://www.inforum.com/sports/wrest...senior-Stibral

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    With the Air Force dual Sunday being Senior night, thought I'd drop this Kolpack article about Dan Stibral here:
    https://www.inforum.com/sports/wrest...senior-Stibral
    That's a nice article. I think Gentleman Dan could have started the last two years for about 50 other teams, so it is nice to see his dedication to the Bison. He knocked off quite a few NCAA qualifiers along the way: Stencel, Gremmel, Isley, Ngati, Maley, Honis, Myers .

Stanford is coming in ranked with an 11-2, record, but I still think we have a reasonable chance of winning. They will be strongly favored at 141, 149, 197, and even 165, but I think we have good chance to win the other six. It could come down to bonus points, so hopefully Cam can hit his tilts tomorrow. It will make a big statement if Fogarty can pull out a win over Griffith.

Up 13-6 at the half. Good start.

Quote Originally Posted by RadioBison View Post
    Up 13-6 at the half. Good start.
    I believe we stomped them, No?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Really solid performance today. I would think this gets NDSU in the top 25.
    125- Midkiff just looked tired and did a lot of small things wrong. I still think if he is feeling good on day 1 of the B12 tournament, he's capable of beating everyone other than Picc.
    133- Cam got caught off guard by a really quick opponent, but rebounded immediately. Tilts weren't as tight as I'd like, but he had a tech secured before he got the fall. That's the ultimate domination in wrestling.
    141- Woods is great, but Droegemueller was too passive. The few times he engaged with Woods, he was in some good scrambles and was able to compete with him. He's had a brutal schedule since moving into the starter role, but he's handled it pretty well. Hopefully the knee injury today is just a minor tweak and he'll be good to go for SDSU.
    149- Van Maanen had a nice attack and it's unfortunate that Van De Mere had to injury default. The good news is Van Maanen attacked early and finished pretty quick. Hopefully the aggressiveness carries over to the remaining schedule.
    157- Franek wasn't super sharp today, but still had a controlling win over a 20+ win starter. Would've liked to see him push the pace more. I've yet to see a guy in better shape than him this year.
    165- Griffith handled Fogarty again. Griffith is great and his length posed some pretty big problems for Fogarty. Would've been interesting to see how the match would've gone if Fogarty would've finished the first shot he was in on.
    174- Weber is still super undersized, but his physicality is good enough for the higher weight. Big time performance today.
    184- Good win for Cressell again today.
    197- Good second half of the match for Cordell. Had one of his nicer takedowns on the year late to get back in the match and never gave up.
    HWT- Really solid and aggressive performance by Metz. He can score on a lot of HWts like that.

Hopefully we see a similar performance against Air Force tomorrow.

Yep, that was a solid 28-13 win. We would have won this one even without the unfortunate injury at 149. I was really expecting Mac to win this one, and he got off to a good start, but those back points were a game changer. Cam got closer to pinning himself than I like to see on one of his tilt attempts, but it was great to see how he closed out the match. I thought Dylan started to put up a good fight, especially with a tweaked knee and two plugged up nostrils. I think he earned the day off tomorrow. Franek did get caught a couple of times, but he keeps racking up the wins. Fogarty ran into a solid opponent who was mentioned as a possible NCAA #1 seed on a podcast I listened to on the way up. It looked like Fogarty had him in trouble on his back for a second, but it didn't work out. It is great to see Weber come out and get some wins, and I only wish we could have planned for this at the beginning of the season. I was looking around, and I never did spot LDLR in the building. I thought Cressell had a must win match for us at the time, and he came through. Cordell scored a couple of times on a quality opponent. He has had a brutal schedule over the last couple of years. I was glad to see Metz with a bunch of doubles. I heard Kish yell "no more throws" when he came close to getting into trouble at the end of one of the periods. Kish was also really pushing him to go for the major decision for the team. The Stanford coach that repeated everything he said ten times was driving me nuts.

What I’m liking so far this year is that the team doesn’t look like it peaked too early like it has the past few seasons. I’m hoping they continue to improve and wrestle strong all the way through the NCAAs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

De La Riva was present today. Weber is rolling right now, so I imagine he'll be the guy come B12s. With 7 potential AQ spots, Weber or De La Riva would have a good chance to qualify