Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Oru gdt 2/8

Default Re: Oru gdt 2/8

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Truth!!!!!!
    Waiting for MBB to take over so we can identify as a BB school!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Dave's salary is largely a result of what Dave has done here.

The school built him a new practice facility, dumped tons of money into the arena and gave him COA. I don't really want to hear about how we fund basketball in relation to the rest of the Summit, it isn't a worthy argument in my opinion. If you want to talk about it in relation to MVC schools than sure but not the Summit, he has been given what he needs to win since almost day 1. I say almost because in year one the team practiced in a warehouse because of the SHAC construction.

I will say Dave has the program going in the right direction, there were some dark years but he has things going in a positive direction where maybe he can get that big raise.
    That investment on facilities pretty much caught schools like USD, SDSU, and Omaha not passed them and that's probably being generous to the SHAC. A ton of schools give FCOA in mens basketball so that's not a differentiator either. SDSU, UND, and USD all do it also and I wouldn't be surprised if others in the Summit like ORU and Denver do also.

You can call it making excuses if you want but I think the ROI has been pretty decent under Richman.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    That investment on facilities pretty much caught schools like USD, SDSU, and Omaha not passed them and that's probably being generous to the SHAC. A ton of schools give FCOA in mens basketball so that's not a differentiator either. SDSU, UND, and USD all do it also and I wouldn't be surprised if others in the Summit like ORU and Denver do also.

You can call it making excuses if you want but I think the ROI has been pretty decent under Richman.
    Agreed. Poring money into things doesn’t equal nor guarantee results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

I am still waiting to hear what these other Summit schools are doing that we aren't? Only thing I have heard so far is coaches salary which is more a reflection of results on the court than anything to do with what the school is willing to pay its MBB coach.

Nobody in the league is chartering flights, buying non-conference home games or anything like that. This isn't the MVC, if you want to go by that standard than we have a ways to go but so does every other program in our league. Really the big issue the league has is that the other schools outside of the Dakota's have fallen off, have cut their budget and hired mediore or worse coaches. It has hurt the quality of the league.

We just built a new arena and practice facility. I keep hearing we are mid-level in the league and it is looking more and more like a load of BS.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    This is a really bad take. We are a mid level Summit program in regards to facilities, attendance, and budget. In addition we were the lowest seeded team in last year's NCAA tournament. We are funded, look like, act like, and are perceived as a low major program. Comparing us and the Summit to the MVC is a joke. I have been hard on DR as well because he has been given more tools to succeed then Miles and Phillips but really hasn't outgrown their shadow or had any signature teams or wins during his tenure like they did. With that said, let's not pretend that he has been given all of the tools needed to establish a successful mid major program at NDSU. Unfortunately it is what it is and I'm not sure what the answer is outside of a significantly larger budget and improved facilities for the program. Obviously, that is a tall lift right now for us due to the current ag climate, declining enrollment, and state budget cuts. What I do know is that the status quo is not going to be accepted by the Alumni and NDSU fan base. I really hope we finish the year strong and make the NCAA tournament so we can move forward.
    Pretty sure we lead the league in attendance. Have brand new facilities, you can compare them to others but really facilities only matter if there is this big difference and that isn't the case.

We are a low major program because we are in a low major league. The Summit has below average coaching, budgets, talent.....The league has done a poor job building itself up, it has become too Dakota centric and it has impacted the league negatively. There used to be a balance with strong Dakota schools and other schoools, that has evaporated. Maybe St Thomas can help...maybe Denver and ORU can get their acts together. Something needs to change or the league will just continue to tread water. If the league isn't strong it is going to make things hard for us because building a strong non-conference schedule and bringing good teams up here is forever going to be a challenge.

I never compared NDSU to the MVC but that seems like the world some are living in when they act like Dave has nothing to work with because that is the standard you would need to use. As far as the Summit is concerend this was voted the #1 job in the entire league.

I am still waiting to hear what these other Summit schools are doing that we aren't? Only thing I have heard so far is coaches salary which is more a reflection of results on the court than anything to do with what the school is willing to pay its MBB coach.

Nobody in the league is chartering flights, buying non-conference home games or anything like that. This isn't the MVC, if you want to go by that standard than we have a ways to go but so does every other program in our league. Really the big issue the league has is that the other schools outside of the Dakota's have fallen off, have cut their budget and hired mediore or worse coaches. It has hurt the quality of the league.

We just built a new arena and practice facility. I keep hearing we are mid-level in the league and it is looking more and more like a load of BS.
    Nothing. But NDSU isn't doing anything from a support standpoint that other Summit League teams aren't doing either that gives them a competitive edge in the league. Which is why I think this whining about how we deserve better just seems silly when, along with SDSU, this MBB program has been head and shoulders above every other Summit League program over the last 8 years.

summit is 25th of 32 leages today.
    big sky 27th
    mountain west 8th (the real SDSU is #1)
    MVC 10th
    Horizon 20th
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Pretty sure we lead the league in attendance. Have brand new facilities, you can compare them to others but really facilities only matter if there is this big difference and that isn't the case.

We are a low major program because we are in a low major league. The Summit has below average coaching, budgets, talent.....The league has done a poor job building itself up, it has become too Dakota centric and it has impacted the league negatively. There used to be a balance with strong Dakota schools and other schoools, that has evaporated. Maybe St Thomas can help...maybe Denver and ORU can get their acts together. Something needs to change or the league will just continue to tread water. If the league isn't strong it is going to make things hard for us because building a strong non-conference schedule and bringing good teams up here is forever going to be a challenge.

I never compared NDSU to the MVC but that seems like the world some are living in when they act like Dave has nothing to work with because that is the standard you would need to use. As far as the Summit is concerend this was voted the #1 job in the entire league.
    We averaged 2200 and change last year and probably not much more than that this year. Also, stop with the "brand new facilities" tag line, your embarrassing yourselves. USD and Omaha have brand new facilities, we have albatross on our hands. We were so far behind the rest of the league that 40 million plus only put us ahead of WIU, Denver, UMKC, and _ND. BTW, thank goodness we got the rest of the complex up to snuff, it was important for all sports so most of it was money well spent. We need to either gut the arena and try again or put a new arena on the master plan.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    We averaged 2200 and change last year and probably not much more than that this year. Also, stop with the "brand new facilities" tag line, your embarrassing yourselves. USD and Omaha have brand new facilities, we have albatross on our hands. We were so far behind the rest of the league that 40 million plus only put us ahead of WIU, Denver, UMKC, and _ND. BTW, thank goodness we got the rest of the complex up to snuff, it was important for all sports so most of it was money well spent. We need to either gut the arena and try again or put a new arena on the master plan.
    Doubt a single recruit looks at our facilities and then Omaha/USD and thinks it matters much at all. Especially when Omaha has a big arena that they can't come close to filling. Hell Denver is moving their games out of their hockey arena and into some tiny gym because their games have zero atmosphere.

What we need to fix is the atmosphere at games. It was better in the BSA and that shouldn't be the case.

BSA used to get fairly rowdy. I noticed students were pretty non-existent Saturday.