Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Oru gdt 2/8

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Oru gdt 2/8

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I wouldn't say awful, they were middling while rebuilding. I'd rather have a couple down years if it means a shot at a sweet sixteen run every 3-4 years. You obviously prefer a one and done every year.
    What changes are needed to become a higher level mid major with a chance to get to the sweet 16?

Two former Summit Conference teams, Oakland, Mich.(they were tough in the summit) and IUPUI are not doing so hot in the Horizon Conf.:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Hori...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    Let's Go Bison!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bisoneer View Post
    What changes are needed to become a higher level mid major with a chance to get to the sweet 16?
    Player development and recruiting needs to pick up.

The school needs to fund more charter flights and help out with scheduling a bit more.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by bisoneer View Post

Two former Summit Conference teams, Oakland, Mich.(they were tough in the summit) and IUPUI are not doing so hot in the Horizon Conf.:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Hori...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    A better offensive scheme then anything I've seen from Richman. At least we are going inside a little more with Ward and Rocky this year. Better in game coaching and adjustments. Gonna have to schedule better teams and win some of those games if you want to be a higher seed then 15-16.

AKBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Dave's salary is largely a result of what Dave has done here.

The school built him a new practice facility, dumped tons of money into the arena and gave him COA. I don't really want to hear about how we fund basketball in relation to the rest of the Summit, it isn't a worthy argument in my opinion. If you want to talk about it in relation to MVC schools than sure but not the Summit, he has been given what he needs to win since almost day 1. I say almost because in year one the team practiced in a warehouse because of the SHAC construction.

I will say Dave has the program going in the right direction, there were some dark years but he has things going in a positive direction where maybe he can get that big raise.
    This is a really bad take. We are a mid level Summit program in regards to facilities, attendance, and budget. In addition we were the lowest seeded team in last year's NCAA tournament. We are funded, look like, act like, and are perceived as a low major program. Comparing us and the Summit to the MVC is a joke. I have been hard on DR as well because he has been given more tools to succeed then Miles and Phillips but really hasn't outgrown their shadow or had any signature teams or wins during his tenure like they did. With that said, let's not pretend that he has been given all of the tools needed to establish a successful mid major program at NDSU. Unfortunately it is what it is and I'm not sure what the answer is outside of a significantly larger budget and improved facilities for the program. Obviously, that is a tall lift right now for us due to the current ag climate, declining enrollment, and state budget cuts. What I do know is that the status quo is not going to be accepted by the Alumni and NDSU fan base. I really hope we finish the year strong and make the NCAA tournament so we can move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I wouldn't say awful, they were middling while rebuilding. I'd rather have a couple down years if it means a shot at a sweet sixteen run every 3-4 years. You obviously prefer a one and done every year.
    Is that what I said?
    No but what did Dave inherit one really good often under appreciated la
    He didn’t have a stacked roster

I’d love to see us make a run in the dance but we are a ways from that
    Coaching and recruiting play vital roles
    Funding is another key
    That money can get us better out of conference games
    Which would help our rpi immensely

here's some truth bombs.

NDSU hasn't a good coach since Tim Miles

Saul just let Woody & L.A/Braun go at it with his "FLEXED BICEP" playcalling

Richman just yells Defense.

No set plays, it's literally players talent winning games the last 10 years in my opinion. (we should probably move this discussion to the program thread)
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I’m not going to complain since we are winning.
    I’m selfish that way.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    This is a really bad take. We are a mid level Summit program in regards to facilities, attendance, and budget. In addition we were the lowest seeded team in last year's NCAA tournament. We are funded, look like, act like, and are perceived as a low major program. Comparing us and the Summit to the MVC is a joke. I have been hard on DR as well because he has been given more tools to succeed then Miles and Phillips but really hasn't outgrown their shadow or had any signature teams or wins during his tenure like they did. With that said, let's not pretend that he has been given all of the tools needed to establish a successful mid major program at NDSU. Unfortunately it is what it is and I'm not sure what the answer is outside of a significantly larger budget and improved facilities for the program. Obviously, that is a tall lift right now for us due to the current ag climate, declining enrollment, and state budget cuts. What I do know is that the status quo is not going to be accepted by the Alumni and NDSU fan base. I really hope we finish the year strong and make the NCAA tournament so we can move forward.
    If it’s so bad at NDSU, why did the rest of the coaches in the Summit league vote it the #1 coaching destination in the league?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    If it’s so bad at NDSU, why did the rest of the coaches in the Summit league vote it the #1 coaching destination in the league?
    because of Football duh.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    because of Football duh.
    Truth!!!!!!