Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Oru gdt 2/8

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Oru gdt 2/8

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    I am just glad to see the Bison players win another game due to their own efforts and taking into consideration the terrible coaching by Richman.
    I'm getting pretty tired of reading crap like this. Do I agree with all the choices he makes or the team makes while the games are going on? No. But during those last 3 or 4 minutes the offense seemed stagnant and just let Vinnie go 1 on 5 and that seemed like it was more of a Vinnie choice than anything else.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    I'm getting pretty tired of reading crap like this. Do I agree with all the choices he makes or the team makes while the games are going on? No. But during those last 3 or 4 minutes the offense seemed stagnant and just let Vinnie go 1 on 5 and that seemed like it was more of a Vinnie choice than anything else.

Agreed, I'm tired of all the negativity about our coach too, primarily SD and Chapo. By them, credit is given to the players when we win, and the coach is terrible when we win or lose.

Frankly Richman is one of the better coaches in the Summit. I can't think of anyone I'd trade him for in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    And you don't think the stagnant offense is caused by the perimeter pass game that Dave regresses to thinking it will milk the clock and secure victory.......that would be fine if there was some good movement near the basket and high percentage shots. Just doesn't happen. Bison saved by the ORU coach stupid technical. So I guess Dave got out stupided if there was such a word. As for you being tired reading this, too bad the truth hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Agreed, I'm tired of all the negativity about our coach too, primarily SD and Chapo. By them, credit is given to the players when we win, and the coach is terrible when we win or lose.

Frankly Richman is one of the better coaches in the Summit. I can't think of anyone I'd trade him for in the league.
    Bwahahahahahaa......lolololol. Sure. Whatever.

Going to win over 20 games, sitting at 9-2 and in 1st place in the conference. But according to some we have the worst coach in america...Its okay to enjoy some basketball success. We have some pretty special seniors that only have 5 regular season games left.

USD is going to get a road win over UND. I'd expect SDSU to win at frost today as well. Looks to be a 3 team race for first between us and the SD schools.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

And you don't think the stagnant offense is caused by the perimeter pass game that Dave regresses to thinking it will milk the clock and secure victory.......that would be fine if there was some good movement near the basket and high percentage shots. Just doesn't happen. Bison saved by the ORU coach stupid technical. So I guess Dave got out stupided if there was such a word. As for you being tired reading this, too bad the truth hurts.
    I think that's only part of it. I think the other part is our PG wanted to keep the ball in his hands the entire last 4 minutes. Now I don't know if that's what Richman wants or not, but it sure looked Vinnie said the rest of this game is going through me. Even though the best basketball that was played was either on post touches by Ward and letting him make the right decision or a drive and kick.

Dave may very well be the best coach in the Summit. That said the league is a far cry from the days of Kampe, Hunter, Sutton, Nagy, Phillips....You want to look at the dip the league has taken, just look at its coaches and it is a very mediocre group.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Bwahahahahahaa......lolololol. Sure. Whatever.
    Who? Hendo, NO. Sather? Hello No.

I thought the offensive flow was pretty good today. Not sure if we have a guy that can guard the ball on the perimeter though.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I thought the offensive flow was pretty good today. Not sure if we have a guy that can guard on the perimeter though.
    Ward is a good perimeter defender but they were able to use pick and rolls to switch a big onto their scorer guard Burns.