Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Oru gdt 2/8

Default Re: Oru gdt 2/8

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Waiting for MBB to take over so we can identify as a BB school!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a case of college sports dysphoria.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Doubt a single recruit looks at our facilities and then Omaha/USD and thinks it matters much at all. Especially when Omaha has a big arena that they can't come close to filling. Hell Denver is moving their games out of their hockey arena and into some tiny gym because their games have zero atmosphere.

What we need to fix is the atmosphere at games. It was better in the BSA and that shouldn't be the case.
    Agreed 100% on the atmosphere. However, changing that requires either catching lightning in a bottle with a couple recruiting home runs or completely changing our offense to something more fast paced. Again though, that usually takes a different level of athlete so we're back to square one. Our best chance to start packing the SHAC again is likely with Jory's club . SDSU and USD have proven that you can put a top 25 program together in women's basketball and compete nationally while in the Summit. With our women's basketball pedigree, finally having a legit coach in place post transition, along with the average North Dakotan's love for punching above our weight, I like where we are headed there.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I am still waiting to hear what these other Summit schools are doing that we aren't? Only thing I have heard so far is coaches salary which is more a reflection of results on the court than anything to do with what the school is willing to pay its MBB coach.

Nobody in the league is chartering flights, buying non-conference home games or anything like that. This isn't the MVC, if you want to go by that standard than we have a ways to go but so does every other program in our league. Really the big issue the league has is that the other schools outside of the Dakota's have fallen off, have cut their budget and hired mediore or worse coaches. It has hurt the quality of the league.

We just built a new arena and practice facility. I keep hearing we are mid-level in the league and it is looking more and more like a load of BS.
    Why do we have to wait for other schools and follow their lead then. NDSU should be setting the standard for the league and propelling it forward, just like football did. SDSU and USD on the women's side have not sat back and waited to see what of Summit teams did. They went out and did it and now we are all chasing them. If you are not the lead dog your view never changes.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Waiting for MBB to take over so we can identify as a BB school!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In this day and age, you can identify as whatever you want.

Take TAB as an example...he identifies as functioning, normal contributor to society. In reality, he's as useful as Anne Frank's drumset.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Agreed 100% on the atmosphere. However, changing that requires either catching lightning in a bottle with a couple recruiting home runs or completely changing our offense to something more fast paced. Again though, that usually takes a different level of athlete so we're back to square one. Our best chance to start packing the SHAC again is likely with Jory's club . SDSU and USD have proven that you can put a top 25 program together in women's basketball and compete nationally while in the Summit. With our women's basketball pedigree, finally having a legit coach in place post transition, along with the average North Dakotan's love for punching above our weight, I like where we are headed there.
    bahaha Never gonna happen.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Why do we have to wait for other schools and follow their lead then. NDSU should be setting the standard for the league and propelling it forward, just like football did. SDSU and USD on the women's side have not sat back and waited to see what of Summit teams did. They went out and did it and now we are all chasing them. If you are not the lead dog your view never changes.
    Take a look at Denver’s schedule

The first step towards improving the atmosphere in the SHAC is to schedule better home games. Do whatever it takes to get a P5 in there... the K-State game from the 2005 timeframe I believe was a 2 for 1 and they had to have Big 12 referees in the game in Fargo. Offer that to anyone that would take it it. Do a 3 for 1 if that's what it takes. Just one of those games could have a monster impact on student section involvement and overall fan involvement in the game.

Or get Thundar to do stuff like this:

Rip the seats out and start from scratch or renovate the Civic center and play downtown

They could just eliminate every other row of seats. Plenty of leg room and still plenty of seats..........sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    Rip the seats out and start from scratch or renovate the Civic center and play downtown
    Just go back to BENCH seats then everyone would be happy..uh huh..