Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Oru gdt 2/8

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Oru gdt 2/8

The only thing that matters at this point for Dave is what goes down in Sioux Falls. Despite what his contract says, winning the outright title and winning in Sioux Falls is a must this year for this program and any future job prospects he might have here or elsewhere.

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Congrats to the team and coaches on another very important conference win! I like the job they are doing and the team is really getting healthy and coming together now as March madness is not that far away. To the home coach critics you have to remember D.R. was really there for Landon as was the entire town, team, University and more. So you have to hand it to him for everything he did to give that boy something to look forward to and the fun it was for him, picking up his spirits and all. Through all of that support effort he was still able to win the conference tournament which is a real gauntlet and get to the Big Dance!
    Let's Go Bison!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    We fund our MBB team in the middle of the conference. We pay Richman less than SL coaches that have been on the job a third of the time that he has. This perception that we deserve better is misguided given the commitment, or lack thereof, that has been made to the program.
    The fact remains that Saul did more with less and proved what this program is capable of, the BSA was packed those years. I agree that we need to improve the funding of the program but I refuse to use that as some sort of crutch for Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    We fund our MBB team in the middle of the conference. We pay Richman less than SL coaches that have been on the job a third of the time that he has. This perception that we deserve better is misguided given the commitment, or lack thereof, that has been made to the program.
    Dave's salary is largely a result of what Dave has done here.

The school built him a new practice facility, dumped tons of money into the arena and gave him COA. I don't really want to hear about how we fund basketball in relation to the rest of the Summit, it isn't a worthy argument in my opinion. If you want to talk about it in relation to MVC schools than sure but not the Summit, he has been given what he needs to win since almost day 1. I say almost because in year one the team practiced in a warehouse because of the SHAC construction.

I will say Dave has the program going in the right direction, there were some dark years but he has things going in a positive direction where maybe he can get that big raise.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Dave's salary is largely a result of what Dave has done here.

The school built him a new practice facility, dumped tons of money into the arena and gave him COA. I don't really want to hear about how we fund basketball in relation to the rest of the Summit, it isn't a worthy argument in my opinion. If you want to talk about it in relation to MVC schools than sure but not the Summit, he has been given what he needs to win since almost day 1. I say almost because in year one the team practiced in a warehouse because of the SHAC construction.

I will say Dave has the program going in the right direction, there were some dark years but he has things going in a positive direction where maybe he can get that big raise.

I think the BSA project was funded and approved for construction before Saul ever told anyone he was leaving for Ohio U.
    Let's Go Bison!!!

He ain't going anywhere anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by bisoneer View Post
    I think the BSA project was funded and approved for construction before Saul ever told anyone he was leaving for Ohio U.
    It was, I remember Saul talking on senior night about how excited he was to see the place get demolished. Not sure anyone hated the BSA more than Saul outside of maybe Tim Miles. My point is the school has given Richman pretty much everything he needs when compared to the rest of this league, hell it was voted the best job in the league for a reason.

Where we struggle is compared to elite mid-majors in the upper midwest but that is an entirely different discussion than NDSU vs the rest of the Summit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    The fact remains that Saul did more with less and proved what this program is capable of, the BSA was packed those years. I agree that we need to improve the funding of the program but I refuse to use that as some sort of crutch for Dave.
    Did he? We had three years with Saul that were just plain awful
    Everyone seems to forget that

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    He had to rebuild the program, which he did a pretty good job of doing. I mean he had what? A top 30 team in the country his last season here. I will take a few down years if that is the result.

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    I wouldn't say awful, they were middling while rebuilding. I'd rather have a couple down years if it means a shot at a sweet sixteen run every 3-4 years. You obviously prefer a one and done every year.