Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fresno State Dual

Default Re: Fresno State Dual

I think it was 28-8 after Hokit gave up a team point. Quality team effort tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by RadioBison View Post
    I think it was 28-8 after Hokit gave up a team point. Quality team effort tonight.
    Make that two team points.

Make that 28-7. Hokit cost his team two team points tonight. Might have to ask Terry Steiner what Troy thought about it sometime this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

I'm afraid this one might not be the 25-9 cake walk that wrestlestat is predicting. These guys went in and beat Wyoming in Laramie last night, despite giving up two forfeits. They are only favored to win at 141, 174, and 285, but I expect a lot of close matches. I think they could take matches at 133, 149, 157, and 184 if we aren't careful. Cam won by tech fall twice against Joint last year, but then lost to him at the Big12's, so hopefully that was just a one time event. Franek can solidify his spot in the rankings with a win over Wright. There should be lots of exciting matches.
    Can’t say I disagreed with you, but way to prove us wrong Bison!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Overall, solid performance.

133- Cam hasn't looked great lately and I'm hoping it's a training thing to peak in March. Pretty poor shot defense at times lately, and the gas tank hasn't been there.
    141- Outstanding performance by Droegemuller. Back to back major decisions is very positive and he has wrestled really well in 3 of the last 4 duals IMO. Really trending in the right direction here.
    149- Frustrating match again. The offense just isn't there this year.
    157- Franek is on fire right now. He looks like the #2 seed in the B12 tourney.
    165- Fogarty is just a straight up bully and I love it. If he continues to wrestle well on his feet, he looks like an All American.
    174- Great job by Weber. Good problem to have at this weight with Weber beating a quality opponent. Brenner has looked really good here too. De La Riva is still a 2 time NCAA qualifier here. Whoever is the guy for the B12 tourney will have a shot at qualifying.
    184- Cressell always puts forth solid effort, he's just not there yet.
    197- Ok performance.
    HWT- Metz wrestled well IMO. Hokit is great and Metz stayed active and had some nice moments. Even though Metz couldn't escape, he did a nice job of staying active on bottom, which bodes well.

my mother went to this match, she was blown away with how the wrestlers stopped by the stands and thanked fans for coming out.
    pretty dam cool.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?