Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Western Illinois claim to fame

Default Western Illinois claim to fame

what has Western Illinois ever done? Like what is there claim to fame?

I nominate this. Kalen Saunders KC Cheifs dancing in a WIU letterjacket in front of millions.

what say you?

https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/12...168370181?s=09
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Default Re: Western Illinois claim to fame

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

I nominate this. Kalen Saunders KC Cheifs dancing in a WIU letterjacket in front of millions.

what say you?

Ever hear of Bryan Cox or Rodney Harrison?
    Hail the BISON!!!

Western Illinois has actually produced a good amount of NFL talent. Frank Winters, Bryan Cox, Don Beebe, Rodney Harrison, Aaron Stecker, Mike Scifres, etc.

One claim to fame of theirs that I was just made aware of this last playoff season is their players had a sledgehammer swung at them during a wild end-of-game brawl against Western Kentucky in the 2002 D1AA playoffs:

Allegedly this is why the MVFC (Gateway back then) instituted the pre-game midfield handshake for the entire teams/coaching staffs before conference games. Both these teams were in the Gateway conference in 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Western Illinois has actually produced a good amount of NFL talent. Frank Winters, Bryan Cox, Don Beebe, Rodney Harrison, Aaron Stecker, Mike Scifres, etc.

One claim to fame of theirs that I was just made aware of this last playoff season is their players had a sledgehammer swung at them during a wild end-of-game brawl against Western Kentucky in the 2002 D1AA playoffs:

Allegedly this is why the MVFC (Gateway back then) instituted the pre-game midfield handshake for the entire teams/coaching staffs before conference games. Both these teams were in the Gateway conference in 2002.
    That sledgehammer must have had some magic as Western Kentucky won the National Championship that year while beating the #1, 2 and 3 seeds in the process.
    Hail the BISON!!!

WIU beat SDSU last year at Summit tourney.
    WIU doesn't have a Truck for sale at 50 yard line like Indy St.
    WIU won't make it 5 more years in D1

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

I dig those "WESTERN" jersey's. Bring them back. Commence Valley Domination.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

what say you?

Im surprised they didnt lose half the players to the strip club they just passed.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Im surprised they didnt lose half the players to the strip club they just passed.
    So you've been down that path before?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

IUPUI is gone, IPFW is gone. will WIU be next?

IUPUI is gone, IPFW is gone. will WIU be next?
    Western isn't getting an invitation from any conference.

533 In a row