Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 MVFC Recruiting

Default Re: 2021 MVFC Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Dominic Caggiano - 6’ 4” 230 - DE/ATH - Des Moines IA (Southeast Polk)
    Central Missouri commit.
    Both Iowa and Iowa State offered PWO’s, followed by South Dakota with an offer - flipping season!
    Looks like we ended up flipping this kid. He signed yesterday.

Lost our DT out of Oklahoma to Eastern Michigan. I figure the two events are probably related.

South Dakota, similar to the Bison, have a small senior class (13 for the ‘Yotes) and signed 13 players plus 3 more (PWO I assume)

- as ‘Yote 53 mentioned, Dominic Caggiano signed - anytime you can get a kid out of Iowa who has PWO’s from both Iowa and Iowa State, that is a good thing and not easy to do

- WR Matteo Bonnin is a name I wondered if NDSU would show interest in, nice get for USD (SDSU & Illinois State & Fighting Hawks offers)(kinda like the Bison WR recruiting too!)

- WR Jack Martens is a familiar name - had a NDSU PWO - 1st Team All-State in Wisconsin - looks like USD got him on a PWO

- the other Coyote PWO - Nyle Dickel - is a well-known name from the Twin Cities, nice get (Minneapolis Washburn)

- OL Gerrit Poncius another familiar name - was hoping the Bison would offer and get him on a PWO......

- Caden Ellingson, big in-state OL from Tea (SDSU & Fighting Hawks offers) was another name I kept an eye on to see if the Bison would offer

- 5 players from Florida, including 2 three star prospects

https://goyotes.com/news/2020/12/16/nsd2021.aspx

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sit...20_USD2021.pdf
    Last edited by bruinbison; 12-17-2020 at 04:45 PM.

where's the #NebraskaJacks a SWING and Miss in 2020 eh brookings?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    where's the #NebraskaJacks a SWING and Miss in 2020 eh brookings?
    Dan Jackson left. He was more concerned about NEbraska jacks than anything. He left, took some players and I think everyone involved is happy he is gone from the sounds of things. He was dying to be on the Nebraska staff forever. A lot of his Nebraska Jacks went to Brookings for a year and left. Little different tradition as opposed to the kids from Nebraska who went to NDSU and have left team captains and champions. Lot of great talent in Nebraska.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Dan Jackson left. He was more concerned about NEbraska jacks than anything. He left, took some players and I think everyone involved is happy he is gone from the sounds of things. He was dying to be on the Nebraska staff forever. A lot of his Nebraska Jacks went to Brookings for a year and left. Little different tradition as opposed to the kids from Nebraska who went to NDSU and have left team captains and champions. Lot of great talent in Nebraska.
    Off to Northern Illinois.
    Did he burn any bridges on the way out?
    Perhaps those players would have transferred back home somewhere in the Illinois area regardless.
    Some of the Jackrabbit faithful had thought Jackson might be the next head coach......
    Taking another job doesn’t necessarily preclude that, so was wondering about the bridge burning possibility because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    good analysis thanks

St Thomas may not be in the MVFC,
    but look to be a future force in the Pioneer League.

In honor of being in New Brighton this weekend,
    here is a quick listing of their signees, plus Coach Caruso.

https://amp.kstp.com/articles/univer...mpression=true

I recognize a number of them as having had MVFC offers,
    so they are affecting recruiting in the region. (I don’t know a lot of the outstate players - it shows the wide net St Thomas is casting).
    It’s highlighted by St Thomas getting their QB, Kristoff Kowalkowski, who had multiple offers. (Florida Atlantic, Central Michigan, Columbia, Cornell)

Others with MVFC offers, iirc, include Nick Hand, Alec Rasmussen, Savion Robinson, Shawn Shipman

https://www.mnfootballhub.com/news_article/show/1137312

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    St Thomas may not be in the MVFC,
    but look to be a future force in the Pioneer League.

In honor of being in New Brighton this weekend,
    here is a quick listing of their signees, plus Coach Caruso.

https://amp.kstp.com/articles/univer...mpression=true

I recognize a number of them as having had MVFC offers,
    so they are affecting recruiting in the region. (I don’t know a lot of the outstate players - it shows the wide net St Thomas is casting).
    It’s highlighted by St Thomas getting their QB, Kristoff Kowalkowski, who had multiple offers.
    Others with MVFC offers, iirc, include Nick Hand, Alec Rasmussen
    Titus and Rasmussan will be very good. I was told those 2 and Kowalkowski had a pact to be the ones that jump start D1 at St Thomas. kind of respect that , if they succeed they will be legendary around there for years to come.

2020 AP PLAYER OF THE YEAR

TREY FEENEY - MOORHEAD

https://www.mnfootballcoaches.com/pa...ll-state-teams

Congrats to him!

Transfer season continues.
    Woodbury HS grad Nico Bolden announces grad transfer from New Mexico on Dec 15, racks up offers from SDSU, Fighting Hawks, UIW. 6’ 3” 215 S