Thread: IPFW Travel

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default IPFW Travel

Anyone going to this one? If so, where's a good place to stay? If not... I'll let you know for next year!
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

Default Re: IPFW Travel

This is one of the Summit hotspots I haven't ventured to. Sorry.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
    Anyone going to this one? If so, where's a good place to stay? If not... I'll let you know for next year!
    Tons of decent hotels and restaurants on Lima Road at I-69. An easy 5 minute drive to the Hilliard Gates Sport Center on campus. (Just a couple miles east of there).

Priceline is showing the Hampton Inn North (at that intersection) at $73.00 for account members (great price for a Hampton). Stayed there a couple of times.

Da Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Tons of decent hotels and restaurants on Lima Road at I-69. An easy 5 minute drive to the Hilliard Gates Sport Center on campus. (Just a couple miles east of there).

Priceline is showing the Hampton Inn North (at that intersection) at $73.00 for account members (great price for a Hampton). Stayed there a couple of times.
    Since when does Hampton Inn rent by the hour?[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    The original Da Bison.
    Not to be confused with imposters

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Fort Wayne has a metro population of 400k so much bigger than Fargo. I think it has the same feel as Fargo though. It is close to many bigger cities though, Chicago, Detroit, Toledo, Columbus, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Indy are all within 200 miles. That is very different than Fargo. I haven't spent a lot of time there other than working some football games, but it seems like a decent city. I don't plan to drive up for the game (only 2 hours from me) but you never know. Have fun!

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Fort Wayne has a metro population of 400k so much bigger than Fargo. I think it has the same feel as Fargo though. It is close to many bigger cities though, Chicago, Detroit, Toledo, Columbus, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Indy are all within 200 miles. That is very different than Fargo. I haven't spent a lot of time there other than working some football games, but it seems like a decent city. I don't plan to drive up for the game (only 2 hours from me) but you never know. Have fun!
    If you make it up, look for two fat guys in yellow suits! I had no idea Fort Wayne was that big until I started looking into this one. Guilty, I thought it was about Fargo size.
    Co-founder of the Bluegrass Bison crew, Kev’s bag holder.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I've traveled to Fort Wayne for work, actually a pretty great place to hit up. Some great steakhouses there, plenty of other solid food options as well. Spyro's is a great breakfast spot, they have a Ruth's Chris steakhouse which is one of the best chain steakhouses out there. The Hoppy Gnome was probably my favorite spot I've been there, brewery type atmosphere, great food (known for their tacos) and solid beer selection.