Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Teammakers 2020

Default Re: Teammakers 2020

Check out Kolpacks article about the Ivy league making an announcement on 7/8.

https://www.inforum.com/bison-media-...rong-direction
    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I'm really surprised they didn't offer that. I wonder if they assumed the demand was great enough that they would fill the seats this year and have those taking a year off wanting back in next year driving up donations? Seems short sighted to me if that's the case.

They may offer those options if the season is shortened or cancelled. Or if people have concerns about covid etc they should call and see what can be arranged. This might be a catalyst to come up with other options.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    The billing for the 2020 season went out before the virus uncertainty. There is no way they are going to be able to allow 18,000 people to a game, so I think right now they are sitting back and waiting to see what happens. I highly doubt tickets will be mailed out as early as past years.
    Great point Road.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Email from NDSU Team Makers on season tickets this year:

NDSU tickets just got smarter!

Season tickets will soon be available to download to your smartphone. As a season ticket holder, you will be emailed a link on September 1st to download your season tickets to Apple Wallet or Google Pay.

In our efforts to provide contactless entry, the traditional photo tickets will no longer be printed and mailed.

Season ticket holders who do not have access to a smartphone should contact the ticket office (701-231-NDSU or ndsu.bisontickets@ndsu.edu) to make other arrangements.

Learn more at www.gobison.com/mobiletickets.
    Hopefully the transfer process is simple or it could cause some big headaches for those in larger groups. I wonder how they plan to scan tickets? If it's a completely electronic deal where each person scans their phone over a sensor (like mobile boarding passes for TSA) that could really slow down the entry process.

This will also make it easier for them to divvy out tickets for each game if they have decreased per game capacity. They can just deactivate the mobile tickets for X% of the seats out there and issue refunds.

EDIT: The transfer process looks similar to how the old GoBison.com electronic transfer worked: https://gobison.com/sports/2020/6/26...fer-guide.aspx. One interesting caveat is a ticket can only be transferred one time.
    Last edited by Professor Chaos; 07-06-2020 at 02:23 PM.

What a bunch of shit, love tue e tickets but only transfer once??? So I have a group spread out a long ways, now I have to hold the tickets until Gameday to make sure everyone can come, and if something happens after the transfer we are SOL to utilize that ticket or tickets

Stupid
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

I hate to see them kill a wonderful program like bisonfanette's tickets for veterans idea. A one time transfer rule will probably do just that. People always talk about our "aging fanbase." This will also solve part of that problem, because many older folks still think that a cell phone is for making and taking calls..... I expect that there will be more season tickets available for people still on the waiting list.
    Damn, I'm Good!

Just a move by NDSU to save the cost of printing.

Pain in the ass though. I have 6 tickets in my account. All of us get to the game at different times. Four of them don't have NDSU ticket accounts. It was much easier distributing the tickets in July and August.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Just a move by NDSU to save the cost of printing.

Pain in the ass though. I have 6 tickets in my account. All of us get to the game at different times. Four of them don't have NDSU ticket accounts. It was much easier distributing the tickets in July and August.
    So much easier giving each family their tickets in August and they are responsible for them all season and can share them within their families. We have a ton of "kids"(13-23) in our group and they like to have their tickets and go in on their own. The little things like this are going to be a pain in the butt.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    So much easier giving each family their tickets in August and they are responsible for them all season and can share them within their families. We have a ton of "kids"(13-23) in our group and they like to have their tickets and go in on their own. The little things like this are going to be a pain in the butt.
    They do still have an option to print at home. Puts the printing cost on us.

533 In a row

And I'm sure you can print (or even save the printable ticket directly) to PDF and still transfer it electronically via email.