Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Teammakers 2020

Default Re: Teammakers 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis was a Bison View Post
    I hate to see them kill a wonderful program like bisonfanette's tickets for veterans idea. A one time transfer rule will probably do just that. People always talk about our "aging fanbase." This will also solve part of that problem, because many older folks still think that a cell phone is for making and taking calls..... I expect that there will be more season tickets available for people still on the waiting list.
    The tickets for veterans program should probably take a break for this season anyways.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    The tickets for veterans program should probably take a break for this season anyways.

Care to elaborate on that statement?
    Damn, I'm Good!

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis was a Bison View Post
    Care to elaborate on that statement?
    Perhaps because a lot of Veterans are in an at risk category? Could be wrong...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Who has a printer these days Next you'll tell me they still sell movies on physical media.
    Damn---just when I was starting to learn how to use it.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

And there ends my 25 year old collection of football game ticket stubs...

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Perhaps because a lot of Veterans are in an at risk category? Could be wrong...
    Yes, that is what I was thinking. The vast majority of veterans I saw in pictures taking advantage of this wonderful program were in the highest of high risk groups.

According to the 2018 Census figures I saw, here are some stats for the latest group of Veterans.

"The 3.3 million veterans who have served since September 11, 2001, now are roughly half the size of the largest living veteran population: Those who served in the Vietnam era.

As this year marks the 15th and 17th anniversaries of the onset of wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the U.S. Census Bureau highlights post-9/11 veterans. They are more diverse than their predecessors. About 17 percent are women, 15.3 percent are black, and 12.1 percent are Hispanic. Almost half (47.6 percent) are still under the age of 35."

https://www.census.gov/library/stori...-veterans.html
    Damn, I'm Good!

I knew some dumbass would go all data analyst on this thinking they were positively contributing to a nonissue. If anyone was paying the slightest bit of attention to the stories, they would know the recipients did not follow the statistical demographic of the overall veteran population. Considering this is a population I belong to and one I continue to serve on a daily full time basis in my career, I'm very aware of who actually attended.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I'm very aware of who actually attended.

Great. Then you can provide us with a list of names with dates of service of all who took advantage of this opportunity, as well as a list of all those who may attend in the future. You are not the only vet on this board, "dumbass", but you may think you have the only opinion that matters.
    Damn, I'm Good!

Notice the numbers rainman can't say he saw something different. I bet there were some veterans involved who were not in the 70+ group. Being one whi paid attention at the time and there were pictures, media and social media coverage of the event, a majority of the veterans involved were of a certain demographic. This is not opinion. Future behavior often mimics past behavior. This is not opinion. Putting a program on hold for a year where the vast majority of users fell into a group that carries the highest risk is an opinion. This should have been very clear.

You offered no opinion. Just stated some data analysis that didn't hold true. Then you were triggered when called out for obviously not being very observant. If isn't my fault you went paying attention to your brothers and sisters participating, if you are a veteran.

Have a nice day. So we are clear, that is me being dismissive.