Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Teammakers 2020

Default Re: 2019 Semifinals: NDSU v Montana State

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    You are correct...but the increasing price does the same thing...and if we went FBS the price would go up more...and the decrease in ticket sales could be worse. Not saying it would...but it easily could. It isn't like we would get big names here that would draw big crowds consistently.
    Curious what current ticket prices compare with mid level ACC, PAC 12, BIG 12, BIG 10 schools? Being a Miami Hurricanes fan since I was a kid, endzone seating 17 rows up is $300 for the year.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonsupporter View Post
    Curious what current ticket prices compare with mid level ACC, PAC 12, BIG 12, BIG 10 schools? Being a Miami Hurricanes fan since I was a kid, endzone seating 17 rows up is $300 for the year.
    USA Today's database does a pretty good job of laying it out I'd say: https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

NDSU's revenue from ticket sales is about 5.7M. Ticket sales plus contributions is about 12.5M. If you look at the schools above them in the overall revenue list you have to go a long ways up to find schools with numbers that beat NDSU in those categories. For instance NDSU has nearly 4 times the ticket revenue that Georgia Southern has so I'd say it's safe to assume that football ticket prices here are already higher than at many FBS schools. But that doesn't mean that prices wouldn't go up even more with an FBS move... the difference with most of those FBS schools is they get a buttload more money than NDSU does from school funds and student fees.... I doubt NDSU would get much more out of either of those two places if they were FBS so they'd need to make up the money elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    USA Today's database does a pretty good job of laying it out I'd say: https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

NDSU's revenue from ticket sales is about 5.7M. Ticket sales plus contributions is about 12.5M. If you look at the schools above them in the overall revenue list you have to go a long ways up to find schools with numbers that beat NDSU in those categories. For instance NDSU has nearly 4 times the ticket revenue that Georgia Southern has so I'd say it's safe to assume that football ticket prices here are already higher than at many FBS schools. But that doesn't mean that prices wouldn't go up even more with an FBS move... the difference with most of those FBS schools is they get a buttload more money than NDSU does from school funds and student fees.... I doubt NDSU would get much more out of either of those two places if they were FBS so they'd need to make up the money elsewhere.
    I've said it 100 times, but it is not the students job to fund athletics and I applaud NDSU for the fiscal restraint they've shown, and the students who voted down a proposed increase in the past. With my daughter starting college, we are paying close attention to this issue as I don't want her paying secrets taxes funding AD's and some boosters egos.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I've said it 100 times, but it is not the students job to fund athletics and I applaud NDSU for the fiscal restraint they've shown, and the students who voted down a proposed increase in the past. With my daughter starting college, we are paying close attention to this issue as I don't want her paying secrets taxes funding AD's and some boosters egos.
    Agreed. NDSU has had the lowest percentage of athletics subsidies (school funds plus students fees) in their revenue stream of any school that sponsors FCS football for a few years running now (it was 31.55% of total athletic revenue in 2018/19). As a booster that's something I'm proud of.

Default Re: Teammakers 2020

So, I’m donating more (the size of a couple of nice vacations and maybe a “rental unit” or two) but my ranking is going down. Is that the result of increased seating $$ requirements. Something is gonna give (or have to give) sooner than later I’m thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

I'm mulling over requesting season tickets in the end zone. They only require the minimum $100 donation for a pair and maybe try to sell or give away the tickets we don't use.
    Since moving back to N.D. a few years ago, we've just done the single-game deal and gotten tickets for 2-3 games from the Team Makers requests and maybe one more when they go on sale to the public. Those tickets are usually around row GG or somewhere close to that.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    So, I’m donating more (the size of a couple of nice vacations and maybe a “rental unit” or two) but my ranking is going down. Is that the result of increased seating $$ requirements. Something is gonna give (or have to give) sooner than later I’m thinking.
    I wonder? I have a bison friend who has a rank of 90. I’m going to ask him a couple of questions regarding this.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post

Ranking can also be determined by when and If they have updated everyones current donations. Plus others may be donating more also.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Ranking can also be determined by when and If they have updated everyones current donations. Plus others may be donating more also.
    Pretty sure everyone understands how it works pat

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I'm finding personally having the cheaper endzone seats with lesser tm fees is putting me farther and farther behind the people paying the big tm fees for the good seats. Hence the reason I'm slowly upping my donations. I didn't even get offered seats last year just got an email saying my request wasn't available. Pretty disappointing when you see all the empty seats. Something has to give.

Lardsin must go!