Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Teammakers 2020

Default Re: Teammakers 2020

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    How do they social distance in the dome? Let everyone use half their tickets? Won't work for singles. Going to be tough decisions made.
    All games played outdoors at North high with 200 tickets going to the highest bidders.
    It's OK to not be OK.

I'm beginning to wonder how much COVID played into people's decisions to not renew not because they fear COVID but because it's an easy out and relieves the societal pressure of saying you chose not to have Bison Football tickets. I don't think it's a large percentage but it wouldn't surprise me if some are just seeing this as a way out where no one will question their decision because they can point to COVID.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I'm beginning to wonder how much COVID played into people's decisions to not renew not because they fear COVID but because it's an easy out and relieves the societal pressure of saying you chose not to have Bison Football tickets. I don't think it's a large percentage but it wouldn't surprise me if some are just seeing this as a way out where no one will question their decision because they can point to COVID.
    That could easily be a part...was wondering it myself. Could also be some farmers having to cut expenses. Or some people may have been laid off...or business owners taking a hit and having to cut expenses. Then there is just the aging fanbase.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    That could easily be a part...was wondering it myself. Could also be some farmers having to cut expenses. Or some people may have been laid off...or business owners taking a hit and having to cut expenses. Then there is just the aging fanbase.
    I'd bet that the biggest drop is businesses/people taking a financial hit this year.
    It's OK to not be OK.

They need to handle it like Iowa did. You dont want your tickets this year because of covid and all the uncertainty then we will refund your money and we will allow you the same tickets next year.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I'd bet that the biggest drop is businesses/people taking a financial hit this year.
    This..................
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    They need to handle it like Iowa did. You dont want your tickets this year because of covid and all the uncertainty then we will refund your money and we will allow you the same tickets next year.
    I'm really surprised they didn't offer that. I wonder if they assumed the demand was great enough that they would fill the seats this year and have those taking a year off wanting back in next year driving up donations? Seems short sighted to me if that's the case.

I'm really surprised they didn't offer that. I wonder if they assumed the demand was great enough that they would fill the seats this year and have those taking a year off wanting back in next year driving up donations? Seems short sighted to me if that's the case.
    The billing for the 2020 season went out before the virus uncertainty. There is no way they are going to be able to allow 18,000 people to a game, so I think right now they are sitting back and waiting to see what happens. I highly doubt tickets will be mailed out as early as past years.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    How do they social distance in the dome? Let everyone use half their tickets? Won't work for singles. Going to be tough decisions made.
    Easy.

You don't play the games!
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

My idea is to refund all season ticket holders their ticket price and half of their Team Maker dues for this year then say if you renew your season tickets for the 2021 season you'll get the amount of your 2020 Team Maker dues credited back to you in 2021 reducing your dues next season.

They could maintain some cash flow this year to hopefully keep the athletic department afloat and also incentivize people to keep their season tickets into 2021. Obviously as a ticket holder and donor you could elect to donate your full due amount this year and/or next year but if you take advantage of the offer you wouldn't be out any additional money by the end of 2021 for the lost 2020 season tickets.