Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Denver GDT

Default Re: Denver GDT

Defensively we are very mediocre, 198 in the country per kenpom. We have a low scoring defense because we play at a snails pace.

I do agree that Jared should be playing much less, his shot has been off and if he is having issues shooting he isn't bringing much to the table and is definitely a big liability against teams with athletic guards. Quayle is a solid defender but there are times when teams don't even bother defending him, leading to doubles for our better players.

Both play too much but it is what it is.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    wait.. Tyson Ward is our best player , he's a senior... and if he really was left on bench the last 18 minutes of the game then just end this season now. did this really happen? I was on lake of woods & couldn't listen.

16 mins 3 points Tyson Ward. 16 minutes is unacceptable.
    Im guessing this was an effort/attitude thing. Not the first time this has happened with him and others in the past (Carlin, P Miller). I'm thinking it's water under the bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Im guessing this was an effort/attitude thing. Not the first time this has happened with him and others in the past (Carlin, P Miller). I'm thinking it's water under the bridge.
    Richman said on his show something close to the effect that he and Ward butt heads on things because of their mutual competitiveness. If that happens in practice it should be handled off the court, not as punishment on the game court. Hell, I would have likely missed entire games if Rocky would have coached with that sort of philosophy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Richman said on his show something close to the effect that he and Ward butt heads on things because of their mutual competitiveness. If that happens in practice it should be handled off the court, not as punishment on the game court. Hell, I would have likely missed entire games if Rocky would have coached with that sort of philosophy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I didn't catch the whole game, but what the announcers were hinting at was it started in the first half not agreeing with foul treatment (either fouls on him or not called against him) and his attitude took him mentally out of the game. So I think instead of continuing with it and at some point hurting the team, he was just sat down instead.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Show me something that says these two deserve to see more than they are getting. I'm not defending our head coach at all costs but what I am saying is unless you've been at practice and individual workouts, you may not be seeing the entire picture. I did go look at stats, and I didn't think they were all that different. Yes Knoteck has the best shooting percentage of the four, but it's not like he's even shooting high 40's. He's at 40%. Samuelson and Hayes are about even with Quayle below all of them. Coach seems to me like he is one who wants someone to earn their playing time on the boards and on defense and if you can prove yourself there first, then we'll start to work you in more and more. Considering we are one of the top defensive scoring teams in the nation, I'm pretty my thought is correct. How are they doing defensively and on the boards?
    Pretty easy to say they haven’t proven themselves when they aren’t hardly given a chance to do so. It was the same damn issue with Deng. The games we needed him to play 20+ minutes he was great. When Dave handcuffed him and played a few minutes at a time he couldn’t get in the flow.

Playing devil’s advocate: when in 3.5 years now have either Samuelson or Quayle shown that they deserve to get the minutes they’re getting? They’re the only ones who have been able to prove themselves and I haven’t seen much that puts them head and shoulders above anyone on the roster.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Pretty easy to say they haven’t proven themselves when they aren’t hardly given a chance to do so. It was the same damn issue with Deng. The games we needed him to play 20+ minutes he was great. When Dave handcuffed him and played a few minutes at a time he couldn’t get in the flow.

Playing devil’s advocate: when in 3.5 years now have either Samuelson or Quayle shown that they deserve to get the minutes they’re getting? They’re the only ones who have been able to prove themselves and I haven’t seen much that puts them head and shoulders above anyone on the roster.
    Samuelson has had many games where he has hit huge three pointers and I believe tied the school record for most in a game. Quayle I would completely agree with you although he looks like he is playing better lately.

My opinion not ok to play devil’s advocate without playing first.