Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma Dual - 24 Jan

Default Re: Oklahoma Dual - 24 Jan

Very nice overall performance

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Sykora wins, and NDSU wins 24-15
    Solid win for the program tonight. Hopefully they can continue to build off this. Looking forward to heading up to Greeley next Saturday to watch the Bison take on the Bears.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Solid win for the program tonight. Hopefully they can continue to build off this. Looking forward to heading up to Greeley next Saturday to watch the Bison take on the Bears.
    That's gonna be a tough one. There should be a lot of close matches.

Awesome, but can someone better than me explain why we seem to have so many injuries and no-goes on match nights? Just seems odd that we never seem to have a full, healthy squad?? There is big difference between pain and actual competitive injury IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Awesome, but can someone better than me explain why we seem to have so many injuries and no-goes on match nights? Just seems odd that we never seem to have a full, healthy squad?? There is big difference between pain and actual competitive injury IMO.

I think we've been pretty good. We had to leave 125 open a few times, but if you saw Midkiff at the Southern Scuffle,he was dealing with more than just pain. However, I never hear many details on these things.

In general, I don't think college coaches care too much about dual meets. The conference and NCAA tournaments are really all that matters. But, I think Kish usually puts out the best team he can.

As an individual who was constantly hurt (thankfully Scott Woken never got tired of seeing me), I really can't complain. I don't know the reason for the injuries, but many of mine (third degree AC separation, broken fibula and tearing the ACL, LCL and meniscus of my left knee) were from wrestling recklessly. Other injuries were just the regular wear and tear of the sport, and being Diabetic, healing was much more difficult.

Maybe some kind of injury prevention technology can be useful. Looking at how beneficial the system Eric Perkins has been using with the football team, maybe something similar can be used with wrestling and other sports.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RadioBison View Post
    I think we've been pretty good. We had to leave 125 open a few times, but if you saw Midkiff at the Southern Scuffle,he was dealing with more than just pain. However, I never hear many details on these things.

In general, I don't think college coaches care too much about dual meets. The conference and NCAA tournaments are really all that matters. But, I think Kish usually puts out the best team he can.
    Thanks for info. I enjoy NDSU wrestling because I worked out with them and developed major respect as a result. Different, but fun breed of “cats”.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    As an individual who was constantly hurt (thankfully Scott Woken never got tired of seeing me), I really can't complain. I don't know the reason for the injuries, but many of mine (third degree AC separation, broken fibula and tearing the ACL, LCL and meniscus of my left knee) were from wrestling recklessly. Other injuries were just the regular wear and tear of the sport, and being Diabetic, healing was much more difficult.

Maybe some kind of injury prevention technology can be useful. Looking at how beneficial the system Eric Perkins has been using with the football team, maybe something similar can be used with wrestling and other sports.
    Interesting. One wouldn’t normally think that NDSU wresting team doesn’t have same exposer to rehab and training that football does. Why would that be the case?

Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Interesting. One wouldn’t normally think that NDSU wresting team doesn’t have same exposer to rehab and training that football does. Why would that be the case?

I'm not 100% sure on the subject, but I believe the system Eric Perkins is using isn't developed for a sport like wrestling....yet. Looking at the rate of injuries (especially the major ones) the past two seasons for football, it looks to be working. Here's an article Ross Uglem wrote last Summer about the technology: https://247sports.com/college/north-...tem-134590563/
    Hail the BISON!!!

Great win! Was OK at full strength?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt