Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Football Top 10 of the 2010's

Default Re: Football Top 10 of the 2010's

Travis Beck's Superman dive:

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Top 10 Playoff Blowouts

10. 2017 Quarters v Wofford (42-10): 35-10 at the half. NDSU held Wofford to under 180 total yards. Their only TD drive happened after an NDSU fumble (unforced) - 6 plays, 22 yards.
    9. 2012 2nd Round v SDSU (28-3): 21-3 at the half. SDSU had 21 yards rushing on 23 attempts.
    8. 2019 Semis v Montana State (42-7): 29-7 at the half. NDSU has 541 yards of offense.
    7. 2015 2nd Round v Montana (37-6): 21-0 at the half. Montana had 6 yards rushing for the game (.3 ypc). NDSU has 250 yards rushing.
    6. 2018 Quarters v Colgate (35-0): 14-0 at the half. Colgate got past their own 41 only twice in the game... and one of those was a 4-play, 8-yard drive that started inside NDSU territory.
    5. 2017 2nd Round v San Diego (38-3): 17-0 at the half, but it was 38-0 going into the 4th quarter.
    4. 2013 Quarters v Coastal Carolina (48-14): 34-7 at the half. NDSU had over 600 yards of offense.
    3. 2018 2nd Round v Montana State (52-10): 38-3 at the half. NDSU rushed for over 400 yards.
    2. 2013 Semis v New Hampshire (52-14): 31-7 at the half. UNH got a pick 6 on NDSU's first drive and didn't score again until their last drive in garbage time with 29 seconds left. NDSU had 354 rushing yards. UNH had 14 possessions; their longest drive was 26 yards in their first 13.
    1. 2017 Semis v Sam Houston State (55-13): 42-3 at the half and SHSU didn't crack 200 yards of offense.

There were a lot of games to choose from considering that NDSU won 24 playoff games by more than 3 scores. Heck, only three other teams had 10 or more playoff wins so it's kind of cool that we can even do a list like this.
    To end that 2017 game Cole Davis passed once, Anderson ran twice and Wilson 12 times to kill the last 9:12 of the game. Nothing says "In your face" like SHSU knowing what was coming and not being able to stop it.
    Last edited by Vet70; 01-25-2020 at 12:41 AM.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Travis Beck's Superman dive:

I have always thought that one of the best parts of the dive was when Beck was on the ground and he was still trying to make the tackle.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    I have always thought that one of the best parts of the dive was when Beck was on the ground and he was still trying to make the tackle.
    At the time, I likened it here to the Terminator. Just kept clawing and fighting to get to his target.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    At the time, I likened it here to the Terminator. Just kept clawing and fighting to get to his target.

With a dislocated shoulder, that guy was a walking adrenaline bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    With a dislocated shoulder, that guy was a walking adrenaline bomb.
    All 5’10” 190 pounds of him.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Three walked in, one walked out.
    Paul Fix

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Three walked in, one walked out.
    You don't here about the stairway to hell anymore around Munich nd. Devil's not coming up them with Travis Beck waiting up top.

Lardsin must go!

I never saw him around campus, so I never really appreciated how not big he was. Saw him a couple years back at some bar in West Fargo and was shocked at how not big he was.

His cop car video is gold.

T beck rules
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I never saw him around campus, so I never really appreciated how not big he was. Saw him a couple years back at some bar in West Fargo and was shocked at how not big he was.

His cop car video is gold.

T beck rules
    Never underestimate a small-sized NDSU LB.

I’ve met and talked with him and his parents . He’s a bit of a recluse now a days, similar to me, but very intelligent. And he is doing well.

Today's CAS GASF = ZERO