Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Saul Phillips amazing story

Default Re: Saul Phillips amazing story

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    McFeely’s article said he was planning on staying behind to talk to alumni and boosters after the game in Sioux Falls, but with the inclement weather he decided to leave with the rest of the team.

Who knows, maybe he went to go do his taxes with Stig, got stuck in a snow bank and needed an excuse for a way out?
    Ok. That makes sense. Thanks
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Nice story on Saul. He has and is living a wonderful and interesting life. Good for him

https://twitter.com/midcosn/status/1...802099200?s=21
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Love Saul, wish he was still here. Sorry to the Richman lovers but I would take Saul anyday of the week and twice on sundays. IMO a much better coach. I know Dave's record is better but different times. We had an old arena and the conference was a hell of a lot tougher than it is now.

Again MY opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Love Saul, wish he was still here. Sorry to the Richman lovers but I would take Saul anyday of the week and twice on sundays. IMO a much better coach. I know Dave's record is better but different times. We had an old arena and the conference was a hell of a lot tougher than it is now.

Again MY opinion...
    I like that we are winning and are in contention, but with Saul we had fun.
    In college sports, winning is indeed everything, but no one said you can’t enjoy yourself.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    I like that we are winning and are in contention, but with Saul we had fun.
    In college sports, winning is indeed everything, but no one said you can’t enjoy yourself.
    From the outside looking in, it looks like DR has maybe said that a time or two. Something, something culture. Something, something character. Blahbity-blah.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    From the outside looking in, it looks like DR has maybe said that a time or two. Something, something culture. Something, something character. Blahbity-blah.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    He promises his recruits two things "It'll be the hardest thing you've ever done but it will also be the most fun." I've heard this like a dozen times in interviews, it's always the same along with the culture and family lines. Not much for originality that guy. The fun thing doesn't exactly come shining through either, miss the enthusiasm Miles and Saul brought to the program.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Dave’s just a different type of personality. Don’t know the guy and have never met him but because he doesn’t have the same personality as Saul and Miles doesn’t mean his guys aren’t having a good time and want to play for him.

He kind of reminds me of someone with a dry sense of humor it takes a bit to catch on to. He’s really done a good job overall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Dave’s just a different type of personality. Don’t know the guy and have never met him but because he doesn’t have the same personality as Saul and Miles doesn’t mean his guys aren’t having a good time and want to play for him.

He kind of reminds me of someone with a dry sense of humor it takes a bit to catch on to. He’s really done a good job overall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've met and visited with Dave a handful of times, he really is a great guy, I've always liked him as a person. I just don't like his coaching style and philosophies as they differ from my views and how I would do things. Not liking him as a coach has nothing to do with who he is as a person, I like Dave, just not a fan of his coaching and think our team falls short of our potential because of it.

For those who are looking for something to watch. Saul and family will be on hgtv House hunters tonight at 6 central

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    For those who are looking for something to watch. Saul and family will be on hgtv House hunters tonight at 6 central
    Happened to be flipping through channels and saw him on tv. Def miss his personality
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice