Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Sdsu rivalry game wed 1/22

Default Re: Sdsu rivalry game wed 1/22

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Why did it take until halftime to adjust? That's on Dave. Use a damn TO and get the team on the same page. Stop chucking 3's if they aren't falling and drive or post up. Stop fronting Wilson or rotate help if they are going to lob it to him why let that happen like ten consecutive possessions?? Another words do your fucking job and COACH!
    That seems to be the case in just about every game... Dave and assistance need to recognize this crap and do their job. Not posting up Ward at end of first half was a huge mistake. Look what he did in second half.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

But remember Dave brilliant theory that it is only the 3 games in Summit tourney that matter.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    But remember Dave brilliant theory that it is only the 3 games in Summit tourney that matter.
    That's exactly why he needs to go. We will never get better as a program under that theory. Always a 16 seed, one and done.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    SDSU keeps recycling in a new stud every few years. Imagine if they still had Jenkins.

No idea why we cant play 2 bigs at once. I feel like Knotek, HH, and Witz should all play more than Samuelson and esp. Quale.
    Dave has a plan. Dave's plan says a mid major can't succeed with 2 bigs playing at once. Dave does not modify Dave' plan. Ever.

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This mindset frustrates me to no end. Why should I go to games or care about regular season results if the coach says the games don't matter until the conference tournament?

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Dave has a plan. Dave's plan says a mid major can't succeed with 2 bigs playing at once. Dave does not modify Dave' plan. Ever.
    I can imagine the following said like an infomercial.

"Can't or won't admit you're wrong? Then you need the "Must go Deeper" Shovel!

I'f you've been caught red handed in a mistake or whatnot and don't want to honor* up and fix it. Then you have to go deeper into the rabbit hole!

Eventually you'll go so far, you'll find what your looking for and succeed!

Sooooooo order now and get the "Must Go Deeper" Shovel!! NOW!!

* was gonna put "...don't wanna MAN up and fix it." but that is not politically correct, and we can;t have that on this board now can we.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This loss is on Dave and piss poor coaching. There's no reason we should get dominated in the paint like that. Play Witz and Rocky at the same time, double down off the wing and make them beat us from 3, play a zone....DO SOMETHING!! Between that and the shitty pass the ball around the perimeter for 25 seconds and jack up a 3 offense we run I just don't know how he still has a job. Watching Witz stand around at the top of the key pisses me off, Richman has no clue how to take advantage of our personnel and matchups, we run the same garbage offense regardless of who's in the game. Witz shouldn't ever be more than 12 ft from the basket unless he's setting a screen for Vinnie or Cam. Create switches to get Tyson and Eady matched up on guards and post them up, cut through the lane to create space to drive, we have more depth and talent on this team than any team in the league but our coaching staff has no clue how to use it. The sad part is if Vinnie has a better game we still probably win even with that garbage effort. We get Greisel back and can leave Quayle on the bench and we can win that game as well. I'm just so sick of us not having any resemblance of a game plan for the team we are facing.

Waited for a 12 hours to see if recency bias wore off and it hasn't... that's the most frustrating performance I've seen out of this team in the last 4 years. I'm sure it's due to my expectations being higher this year but they got outplayed, outhustled, and outcoached by a mediocre SDSU team. First half offense was brutal (and the post defense was even worse). Even in the 2nd half there were numerous times where a Bison player would beat his guy off the dribble and immediately kick it out to a guarded teammate on the 3 point line instead of attacking the rim and then kicking out. Ward had to attack Wilson on the defensive side when Wilson got his 4th foul and didn't. They did a horrible job of attacking SDSU's shitty hedges on the high ball screens. The screener was open EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. but he wouldn't move to the basket and no one would look towards him anyway.

I'm mildly shocked they were even in the game down the stretch.... last year's SDSU team would've blown them out. Just an awful shit performance all around. Ward was the only guy that showed up on the team or coaching staff and even he made plenty of mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Waited for a 12 hours to see if recency bias wore off and it hasn't... that's the most frustrating performance I've seen out of this team in the last 4 years. I'm sure it's due to my expectations being higher this year but they got outplayed, outhustled, and outcoached by a mediocre SDSU team. First half offense was brutal (and the post defense was even worse). Even in the 2nd half there were numerous times where a Bison player would beat his guy off the dribble and immediately kick it out to a guarded teammate on the 3 point line instead of attacking the rim and then kicking out. Ward had to attack Wilson on the defensive side when Wilson got his 4th foul and didn't. They did a horrible job of attacking SDSU's shitty hedges on the high ball screens. The screener was open EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. but he wouldn't move to the basket and no one would look towards him anyway.

I'm mildly shocked they were even in the game down the stretch.... last year's SDSU team would've blown them out. Just an awful shit performance all around. Ward was the only guy that showed up on the team or coaching staff and even he made plenty of mistakes.
    Agree with just about all of this.
    1. Vinnie did not play well - shot was off all night and got worked on D.
    2. Eady did not play well.
    3. Agree on most fronts with Hayes - should see the floor more, but he was absolutely looking to pass every time he touched it on offense. Needs to be more aggressive if he's out there.
    4. How do we not have a game plan for Wilson. Shit. Stop him and SDSU isn't even in the game.
    5. Was really disappointed with Witz on defensive end. Detlinger and Wilson went around him like he was standing still (hint: he was).
    6. Tyson is a dude. Need him to get going early - we were a different team in the second half when he got rolling. Maybe if he gets rolling, the rest of the team does too.
    7. Rocky still a mis-match for most SL teams, but his defense is non-existent.

That seems to be the case in just about every game... Dave and assistance need to recognize this crap and do their job. Not posting up Ward at end of first half was a huge mistake. Look what he did in second half.
    Not taking a TO after that fool banked one in and set something up was a huge disappointment at half as well--------i thought eady played awesome if anything i think he needed more touches--------working him in tandem with t ward down low was a big move but also need 2 come up with additional action for when teams double, again on Dave as this is far from a new delima it's what teams did vs gue last season-------its a great problem to have but it's past due to get it done!