Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Minnesota 2019

Default Re: NDSU vs Minnesota 2019

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Its the same reason we make fun of JMU fans lol. You saying "we need goph fans validation" is absurd haha, Its exactly like JMU fans saying "WHy aRe yOu sO oBsEsSeD wItH uS? InSeCuRe mUcH?!"

lol, no, believe me we are just laughing at you (their fanbases). The fact that you think that because we make fun of them, that somehow means I want their validation? idiotic. Did you know that you can make fun of someone for being stupid but NOT want "validation" them?
    In Fact, we're both doing it right now- making fun of each other for what we believe are stupid takes, but it doesnt appear we crave eachothers "validation"

Its bizarre that your feathers are ruffled because someone pointed out that Gophers fans say, and continue to say, stupid shit constantly and are historically, a terrible football program
    What's there to make fun of? Gophers had the better team this year so they have hypothetical scoreboard.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    It is little brother syndrome. When theres a "shit gopher fans say" thread in the offseason, you know ndsu fans need gopher fans' validation for whatever reason. Which is weird because all i read on here is how they arent elite, soo why care at all? Minnesota has and will always have the better football set up. Better stadium, (much) better opponents home & away, more money, more nationally televised games as long as PJ has them playing at a high level.

It is what it is.
    It's funny some Gopher fans coming to shit talk NDSU after 1 good year. They'd still only be a coinflip vs us.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    It's funny some Gopher fans coming to shit talk NDSU after 1 good year. They'd still only be a coinflip vs us.
    Cut them some slack... they've had to wait for a while to even get to a coin flip.

Quote Originally Posted by FBS > FCS View Post
    Yeah, they had a decent conference schedule, they played 3 ranked teams, that rarely happens. Take Iowa a few years back, they started 12 -0. They didn't play a ranked opponent until the Big 10 championship game. They lost that game, but all the college football analysts pretty much said that even if they would have won that game they wouldn't have been in the playoffs because they scheduled an FCS opponent. They ya go Einstein. Any other questions you need answered that most college football fans would know.
    Alabama plays a cupcake FCS every year. I don’t think the FCS team had a lot to do with it. Maybe the Big 10 was a little weak that year on their side?

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Gophers= box score, bison = team dmv

Are you a Bison, longhorn or goofs fan? JFC man make up your mind!

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    NDSU is 9-3 vs FBS since 2006.
    Minnesota is 9-3 vs FCS since 2006.
    That’s telling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Are you a Bison, longhorn or goofs fan? JFC man make up your mind!
    I'm pretty sure this was good natured, but...

I believe one is fully entitled to be all three. They dont play each other with any regularity. They dont really recruit head to head a whole lot. All three can be successful without it impacting the others.

I suppose Minnesota being good could have a negative impact on NDSU since they could keep more kids home as walk-ons if they believe they will be a competitive team in the B1G.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by FBS > FCS View Post
    I love all the talk on here that the Gophers are scared to play NDSU. Please explain the benefit of playing any FCS schools if you're an FBS school?? I'll tell you since you guys don't seem to know college football. There's absolutely no benefit to it. If they lose, they'll never be ranked again in the season and will be playing at best in the Little Ceasars bowl game. If they win, there''s supposed to win and now their schedule is weaker because they even scheduled an FCS opponent. That's the whole point of the Big 10 eliminating those games, there's some pretty bad teams in the big 10 that you have to play every year so that hurts their schedule with that already, than you throw in a FCS school and now even if you go undefeated you're not getting into a decent bowl because of your schedule strength. Nobodys scared of playing NDSU, get real, if they're so great why don't they move up. If there was another upper division above FBS I know Alabama would want to be in, I would assume every school would want to be it, but not NDSU, let's continue playing teams that don't even offer scholarships and brag about our JV titles.
    I agree with MOST of what you say except the bolded text

1. If that were true, why schedule SDSU, Western Illinois, Road Island, etc...? Why not play the local team with the winning record over FBS schools, including over the Gophers? Considering NDSU is ranked above a LOT of other teams (and gets votes in the FBS top 25 from time to time) it only seems logical that they would be the team TO SCHEDULE if you're not afraid. The reason those other schools get the phone calls is because, with the exception of SDSU, they are body bag games. But that goes COUNTER to what you're saying. If the gophers didn't play ANY FCS teams you'd have a point, but since they clearly do your point is null and void. Seriously, you have absolutely no

2. Yes, many teams are afraid that NDSU will come in and beat them. That's NOT why you schedule down a level. You schedule down to get a live scrimmage in that is never in doubt. The fact that very few schools will return NDSU's phone calls tells me that while they may not "fear" NDSU any more than they do an in conference foe, they fear what the affect of NDSU coming in and wrecking shit will do to their year.... and they realize that NDSU is more than capable of doing that to some very good FBS schools.

3. If there were a nearby conference looking to add another team we'd definitely do it. You can't just go to the B1G/BigXII and say "we decided we are going FBS and are joining your conference". You need an INVITE. It's no different than if Minnesota said "the B1G is lame, we're going to the SEC next year" quite frankly they'd be laughed out of the room. The same applies to us. Going MAC/Sunbelt would be a step backward. AAC/MWC would make sense from a competitive standpoint, but geographically would suck. The costs associated with going to any of those conferences would likely never be worth the return and playing in the Little Caesars Bowl. Now yes, there are teams that don't offer scholarships unfortunately, but they are our equivalent of scheduling down and having it still count. But every team in our conference has 63 full scholarship equivalents (available) spread between up to 85 players. Quite a few of us offer FCOA as well.

So, remind me again, which of us doesn't know college football and the inner workings involved with it? Because out of the two of us, you were the only one making foolish statements with no facts to back them.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I'm pretty sure this was good natured, but...

I believe one is fully entitled to be all three. They dont play each other with any regularity. They dont really recruit head to head a whole lot. All three can be successful without it impacting the others.

I suppose Minnesota being good could have a negative impact on NDSU since they could keep more kids home as walk-ons if they believe they will be a competitive team in the B1G.
    And the supposed notre dame lover joins in......