Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Minnesota 2019

Default Re: NDSU vs Minnesota 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    And the supposed notre dame lover joins in......
    It’ll be ok. Someone you’ll never know or meet in your life can like more than one team.

And it’s actually Texas and NDSU by a long shot. Just cause I think Minny had a better squad in 2019 doesn’t mean shit.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    It’ll be ok. Someone you’ll never know or meet in your life can like more than one team.

And it’s actually Texas and NDSU by a long shot. Just cause I think Minny had a better squad in 2019 doesn’t mean shit.
    It's not okay. NDSU football only. I'll have to tell my old man he cant renew his season tickets for next year.

Hes guilty of having USAFA season tickets in the mid 90's. And watching Notre Dame games that dont conflict with Bison games.
    College of Business Alumnus

Longhorn has a lot of good points in this thread. I can see why he'd say the Gophers were better this year. Would depend on when we played them. Beginning of the season...we would have owned them. The Jacks gave them the game...and that is just what the Jacks do...they give away games away...fall apart...have to think that is coaching. Jacks absolutely should have won that game but fell apart. NDSU would have won by at least 10+. By mid season I'd say the Gophers had significantly improved...so it would be close...probably too close to call. By the end of the season both teams were playing at a very high level...again...I have to say too close to call. But...we would would never play the Gophers mid to late season...just doesn't work with schedules so we will never know. But...for the game that could be played...the outcome absolutely favors the Bison. One has to look how Gibbs even became the starter at SDSU...with a qb quitting over the summer.

Doesn't matter...the Gophers won't play us...and I don't blame them. But...until they do...we own them. They want to shut us up...beat us. Until then, they can deal with Bison fans belittling them.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Longhorn has a lot of good points in this thread. I can see why he'd say the Gophers were better this year. Would depend on when we played them. Beginning of the season...we would have owned them. The Jacks gave them the game...and that is just what the Jacks do...they give away games away...fall apart...have to think that is coaching. Jacks absolutely should have won that game but fell apart. NDSU would have won by at least 10+. By mid season I'd say the Gophers had significantly improved...so it would be close...probably too close to call. By the end of the season both teams were playing at a very high level...again...I have to say too close to call. But...we would would never play the Gophers mid to late season...just doesn't work with schedules so we will never know. But...for the game that could be played...the outcome absolutely favors the Bison. One has to look how Gibbs even became the starter at SDSU...with a qb quitting over the summer.

Doesn't matter...the Gophers won't play us...and I don't blame them. But...until they do...we own them. They want to shut us up...beat us. Until then, they can deal with Bison fans belittling them.
    Well-said, good sir. Especially the end part.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Little brothers? Maybe in 2007.

Minnesota fans have either been fans for 50 years or 5 month.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Gophers by 6.
    Gophers were behind to the Jacks and had a couple of big breaks late in the game before winning. Nice to be able to play the bottom feeders of the conference before playing 3 tough games at the end of the regular season...and losing two of those games.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Bison View Post
    Gophers were behind to the Jacks and had a couple of big breaks late in the game before winning. Nice to be able to play the bottom feeders of the conference before playing 3 tough games at the end of the regular season...and losing two of those games.
    People also forget they nearly lost to two other OOC teams that were probably worse than SDSU. Against Fresno State, the Goofers scored with 46 seconds left in the fourth to force overtime and the eventual win. Agains Georgia Southern, the Goofers scored a go ahead touchdown with 13 seconds left to win.

Most of the best FCS teams can compete and win games against all of the G5 and bottom two thirds of the P5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    People also forget they nearly lost to two other OOC teams that were probably worse than SDSU. Against Fresno State, the Goofers scored with 46 seconds left in the fourth to force overtime and the eventual win. Agains Georgia Southern, the Goofers scored a go ahead touchdown with 13 seconds left to win.

Most of the best FCS teams can compete and win games against all of the G5 and bottom two thirds of the P5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LOL no they can't. NDSU is the exception when it comes to FCS vs FBS. If these two articles are correct, the FCS went 3-111 against the FBS last year with only 1 win against a power 5.

https://americanfootball.fandom.com/..._FBS_Opponents

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-...game-2019-bzbz

Quote Originally Posted by NEBison View Post
    LOL no they can't. NDSU is the exception when it comes to FCS vs FBS. If these two articles are correct, the FCS went 3-111 against the FBS last year with only 1 win against a power 5.

https://americanfootball.fandom.com/..._FBS_Opponents

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-...game-2019-bzbz
    Yeah, it is pretty goofy when people claim how "the top teams in the FCS can compete with the FBS!" NDSU can. No one else has really showed themselves to be capable of anything beyond the occasional fluke.
    College of Business Alumnus

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Yeah, it is pretty goofy when people claim how "the top teams in the FCS can compete with the FBS!" NDSU can. No one else has really showed themselves to be capable of anything beyond the occasional fluke.
    I would expect SDSU, JMU and sometimes EW to at least not get embarrassed and occasionally win but I probably wouldn’t pick them to win. They just don’t have NDSU’s mojo