Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs Minnesota 2019

Default Re: NDSU vs Minnesota 2019

Quote Originally Posted by NEBison View Post
    LOL no they can't. NDSU is the exception when it comes to FCS vs FBS. If these two articles are correct, the FCS went 3-111 against the FBS last year with only 1 win against a power 5.

https://americanfootball.fandom.com/..._FBS_Opponents

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-...game-2019-bzbz
    Your articles prove my point that the best (not all) FCS teams can compete and win. Teams like NDSU, SDSU, JMU and Illinois State all have victories in recent years. They also competed well in the games they didn’t win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    I would expect SDSU, JMU and sometimes EW to at least not get embarrassed and occasionally win but I probably wouldn’t pick them to win. They just don’t have NDSU’s depth
    Fixed your post to reflect what is likely the main reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Your articles prove my point that the best (not all) FCS teams can compete and win. Teams like NDSU, SDSU, JMU and Illinois State all have victories in recent years. They also competed well in the games they didn’t win.

You have a very loose definition of competing.

LOL no they can't. NDSU is the exception when it comes to FCS vs FBS. If these two articles are correct, the FCS went 3-111 against the FBS last year with only 1 win against a power 5.

https://americanfootball.fandom.com/..._FBS_Opponents

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-...game-2019-bzbz
    40 of those FCS vs FBS games were played in the opening weekend.

Though none of the FCS teams won, 12 of the losses were within 8 points.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post

I think its reasonable to say that the FCS had an overall down year. Seems like earlier on in NDSU's run that FCS teams were beating FBS teams much more often. Somebody without a life should compile a year by year record.

You have a very loose definition of competing.
    Look at SDSU’s recent losses to the Goofers and TCU or JMU’s loss last year to WVU. One can also look at EWU’s games against the PAC-12.

Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post

And there was not a single FCS/FBS game played at an FCS home field.

It would be very interesting to see what the average point spread and win/losses were like if the home field was changed around.

It is hard to win college football games but even harder to win them on the road.

wasnt it 2013 or 14 where there were like... 18 FCS>FBS vicotries or something?? Those were incredible times. Where the FCS actually had talented teams outside of NDSU.

THose were the days. Now if NDSU isnt playing an FBS game, we're lucky to get 2-3 FCS>victories total. as we all can see, the FCS is not very good at football GENERALLY.

Hopefully more coaches like Jeff CHoate start chastizing their Athletic departments to actually start caring about football
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    wasnt it 2013 or 14 where there were like... 18 FCS>FBS vicotries or something?? Those were incredible times. Where the FCS actually had talented teams outside of NDSU.

THose were the days. Now if NDSU isnt playing an FBS game, we're lucky to get 2-3 FCS>victories total. as we all can see, the FCS is not very good at football GENERALLY.

Hopefully more coaches like Jeff CHoate start chastizing their Athletic departments to actually start caring about football
    I have it in my memory bank that a lot of those early FCS vs FBS wins were FCS over G5 teams, like NDSU over Ball St and Central Michigan early in NDSU playing FBS teams. I think the percentage of FCS against G5 teams has gone down a lot because G5 teams are way less competitive against FCS. Someone without a life should look into that over the past 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by TransAmBison View Post
    Longhorn has a lot of good points in this thread. I can see why he'd say the Gophers were better this year. Would depend on when we played them. Beginning of the season...we would have owned them. The Jacks gave them the game...and that is just what the Jacks do...they give away games away...fall apart...have to think that is coaching. Jacks absolutely should have won that game but fell apart. NDSU would have won by at least 10+. By mid season I'd say the Gophers had significantly improved...so it would be close...probably too close to call. By the end of the season both teams were playing at a very high level...again...I have to say too close to call. But...we would would never play the Gophers mid to late season...just doesn't work with schedules so we will never know. But...for the game that could be played...the outcome absolutely favors the Bison. One has to look how Gibbs even became the starter at SDSU...with a qb quitting over the summer.

Doesn't matter...the Gophers won't play us...and I don't blame them. But...until they do...we own them. They want to shut us up...beat us. Until then, they can deal with Bison fans belittling them.
    You own the Gophers? Because you beat literally two of the worst Gopher teams in school history? And you hang your hat on that? Lol that’s beyond pathetic.

The Gophers would sleep walk to an FCS title playing those teams. No way could NDSU play with Penn State or Auburn. No chance.

FCS fans are funny, always good for a laugh thank you.